Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accomodation Thread - All Queries Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

It used to be a lottery but it's distance now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

dajaffa wrote:
    What she said

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

got glenomena, didnt apply for it as first or second option, and though i know its not a party spot - though i know the seniors do play bingo on a wednesday - i think ill take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

you should ring them and complain, you applied before the closing date, you almost certainly should have a place considerin you live so far away!
    are they open tomorrow or do you think i'll have to wait until monday??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Raphael wrote:
    What he said

Its a she.

• Advertisement

That's what I said!

>.>
    <.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rotten_eggz

dajaffa wrote:

My bad:o
    are they open tomorrow or do you think i'll have to wait until monday??

Dont know to be honest,try ringing tommorrow sher

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dovescar

Raphael wrote:
    Really? When? How?

Well Raph, early this mornin the post man came with a bundle of forms and info about the accomodation, confirming that i got it and requesting the first payement!

Raphael wrote:
    That's what I said!

>.>
    <.<

;) Editing the post huh!

anyone know if we can stay there on tuesday for orientation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

we can move in on tuesday according to my licence so i'm moving in on tuesday - whether they like it or not!

Ok got my accomodation. Apparently the Accom office don't send out emails like the one I received....
    But it's ok coz I got it :D

Ok got my accomodation. Apparently the Accom office don't send out emails like the one I received....
    Does that mean I can't stay in your house? =p

Cancelation list opens on Wednesday, so I'll put my name on that. Went into the accomodation office and and the person tehre said I have a good chance of getting a place, specially with Roebuck opening in a month (hopefully)

Raphael wrote:
    Does that mean I can't stay in your house? =p

Unfortunately so!!:p

After all ur complaining?:D:D

My mom annd aunt want to come up with me on Tuesday (tomorrow) to see the place, will I look like an eejit?????:(

dovescar wrote:
    My mom annd aunt want to come up with me on Tuesday (tomorrow) to see the place, will I look like an eejit?????:(

Nope

dovescar wrote:
    My friend's mum is going up with her wednesday to make sure she get's to the big smoke safely! :D I say there'd prob be a good few people with parents around

cheers!
    makes me feel a bit better but you'd think it was my first day of school the way she's reacting, how embarassing. Oh well I'll be my own man come Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ziggy_bone

I am so ****ing pissed off!!! I live in mullingar which is an hour and a half away from dublin and i still did't get in!!! This is ****ing reidculous!

• Advertisement

ziggy_bone wrote:
    I am so ****ing pissed off!!! I live in mullingar which is an hour and a half away from dublin and i still did't get in!!! This is ****ing reidculous!

Sorry to hear that, I heard that they gave accomodation to everyone outside of Leinster, you should have told them that you are in the Roscommon part of Athlone!

dovescar wrote:
    Sorry to hear that, I heard that they gave accomodation to everyone outside of Leinster, you should have told them that you are in the Roscommon part of Athlone!

Ha! They probably would have still said "You're too close". I mean, I heard they gave people who are from dublin a place!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

To be honest, you could bring the Easter Bunny, Jesus, the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus with you, and all you'll get is the odd backward glance. Nobody really cares, unless it's funny. Don't worry about the parents thing, plenty of people will have Mammy and Daddy up to make sure they get there ok, that nobody molests them before they get to the campus and to put their own minds at rest. Consider yourself lucky, they can be introduced to the prices in Hilpers there and then (that does not mean you EVER have to shop there!) and realise how expensive daily living is going to be for you!

ziggy_bone wrote:
    Ha! They probably would have still said "You're too close". I mean, I heard they gave people who are from dublin a place!
    Ahh, probably politics involved there,
    With a 5hr journey, I had a feeling I'd be safe enough!

ziggy_bone wrote:

im sorry to hear that also, but consider the people(like myself) who are 3 or even 4 hours away from dublin, they are always gonna get it before people from offaly or westmeath in fairness.

Blush_01 wrote:
    To be honest, you could bring the Easter Bunny, Jesus, the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus with you, and all you'll get is the odd backward glance. Nobody really cares, unless it's funny. Don't worry about the parents thing, plenty of people will have Mammy and Daddy up to make sure they get there ok, that nobody molests them before they get to the campus and to put their own minds at rest. Consider yourself lucky, they can be introduced to the prices in Hilpers there and then (that does not mean you EVER have to shop there!) and realise how expensive daily living is going to be for you!

Cheers for the backing, I was thinking of bringing Jesus anyway for a day out.

Ok, this may sound desperate but anyone who wants to cancel their accommodation in their campus, can they pm me or something so that i can take your place?!:D :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

ziggy_bone wrote:
    Ok, this may sound desperate but anyone who wants to cancel their accommodation in their campus, can they pm me or something so that i can take your place?!:D :D:D:D:D

God loves a tryer......But.... I won't finish it ;)

Am I a total eejit folks? Moving to Glenomena from where I've been last 12 months in the morning. But I've lost my fecking receipt for the rent payment. Are the feckers going to let me in at all? It should all be so simple. One of the lads cleaned up the house for our moving out so obviously he knows where the receipt was left. Unfortunately he's gone to Germany for the year!!!!

FECK!

God loves a tryer......But.... I won't finish it ;)

Am I a total eejit folks? Moving to Glenomena from where I've been last 12 months in the morning. But I've lost my fecking receipt for the rent payment. Are the feckers going to let me in at all? It should all be so simple. One of the lads cleaned up the house for our moving out so obviously he knows where the receipt was left. Unfortunately he's gone to Germany for the year!!!!

FECK!

Can you not get a replacement for the receipt from Administration they would have a record of you paying the fees.

• Advertisement

I still haven't got anything in the post from the accom office, what exactly is in it? I heard some forms? Would i be able to fill these in there and then tomorrow?

Advertisement