Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accomodation Thread - All Queries Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Chakar wrote:
    Can you not get a replacement for the receipt from Administration they would have a record of you paying the fees.
    If you paid by bank giro you would need to get a copy of bank giro from the bank. Admin have no record of rent paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

ziggy_bone wrote:
    I am so ****ing pissed off!!! I live in mullingar which is an hour and a half away from dublin and i still did't get in!!! This is ****ing reidculous!
    Mate, I'm 3 hours from dublin and I didn't get anything. At least you could commute. And if someone cancels then there palce goes to someone on the cancelation list. Get your name on that and you might get something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Can i also recommend that if you're bad at answering your phone that you don't put your number down - they don't keep ringing the top person on the list - they ring down the list until someone answers - not great if you're in lectures and stuff. I put my dads down and if I hadn't I wouldn't have gotten on res in first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Yeah, be careful of that.

By the way, the showers and beds in new Glen are lovely. They beat the kip I lived in for the past two years hands down.

Sorry to hear about the loss of receipt thing PigeonButler. That's pants. You could have a bit of a problem there as your reference numbers are on it and stuff...

Can i also recommend that if you're bad at answering your phone that you don't put your number down - they don't keep ringing the top person on the list - they ring down the list until someone answers - not great if you're in lectures and stuff. I put my dads down and if I hadn't I wouldn't have gotten on res in first year.
    Yeah, I put my number, my home number, my mum,s number and my dads number down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 realism

Why is Merville so stricted?! I've heard of 3 people being kicked off campus cos they had about 5 people over and were being just a little noisy, it wasn't even past midnight. Has the college implemented a new stricter policy on having so many "parties"?

I somehow doubt they've been kicked off for such trivial things, and the insurance policy states that no one but residents can be in flats past half eleven. If they do feel they've been unfairly ejected they can always go the appeals board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I was talking to the SU accomadation officer, yes this year so far things look very strict, 4 evictions so far. Yes there is an appeals board, go see Mike Pat in the SU.

But on a side note I had a good party last week, was shut down by RAs but no hassle. And im in glenomena ffs...

4 evictions. Cool, wonder if their rooms are filled yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Got the spare room in my apartment filled yesterday, but it was a girl who was already in Belgrove but in a twin room, so (in her own words) she kicked up a fuss and got moved to a single room!

• Advertisement

Really? Hmm, interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Raphael wrote:
    Really? Hmm, interesting...
    isn't it? There's loads of empty rooms around the place...most of my friends are living in half-full apartments..they're slowly but surely starting to call people on the waiting lists though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 steffy182

yo....i applied for campus just last week so im on the waiting list, my family are in england, thus my home address is england, so was wondering is there a chance of getting a place from the waiting list, like do they actually have rooms to give other people? (im a 2nd year btw)

also, has the new roebuck accomodation been completed yet and are all the rooms filled does anyone know?? or will there be easily some places for people like me to get a room there??? thanks, just wondered what the dealio was, its all a bit confusing and the accomodation people in merville arent the most helpful/understanding of people!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

but they should know more than us. New roebuck not yet completed. Not sure waiting list works on communting distance, i think its more a case of first come first serve. Dont know why I think that tho :)

The waiting list is first come, first serve. They just ring down the list of names they have until someone answers - so make sure you'll have someone to answer the phone at the number they give, or they'll just move on. Most people give a few numbers.

Actually they had a sign up when they were getting people on the list saying that it was distance, not first come first serve.

That's a change since last year so. Nice to see they're being consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

You see its good to be from Cork

gubbie wrote:
    You see its good to be from Cork

i couldn't agree with you more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

Couldn't disagree with you more!

• Advertisement

Ah yes, the great I refuse to acknowledge cork is good thing. Ah well.

OT: Looks like the last of Roebuck soon - they're moving furniture in at the moment - tables have been noted in situ in some apts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cckkab

Is it easy for an undergrad to get accommodation on the campus in the 1st year? Is it like English and American universities which typically guarantee on campus accommodation for all newcomers? I am a bit worried, as only 2500 beds, and that doesn't seem a lot. If rationned, what do you have to do to qualify? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 theleprechaun

If you get really high points in your leaving cert, you'll be guaranteed it. if not, it is all about where you come from. cork-yes, kildare-no etc.

Depends mainly on location - leinster basically have it very hard to get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

I'm from Wicklow and on campus.... Feel like a fraud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Ever since they kicked off all 2nd and 3rd years its been a lot easier for first years to get campus. Back in my day people from Waterford were considered too close to get it

They were too far last year. Well, New Ross, which is more or less the same difference, and I only got it from the waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

what have high points got to do with anything? You mean an acedemic scholarship maybe?
    If you are from Cork/Donegal and on time it shouldnt be a problem.

Entrance scholarships give you a grand and fuaranteed on-campus. The points requirement depends on course, I know for science it's 550.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

I got campus after Xmas this year. Didn't get it in Sept. They would usually give first preference to first years in Donegal, Cork, Kerry etc. Go looking for accommodation off-campus though just in case. It never hurts to have a back-up plan!! Good luck!!:D

Advertisement