Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accomodation Thread - All Queries Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Joxer, it depends on your commuting distance to UCD. Not commuting time, distance.

Kap, long time no see. As for offers, I only got mine today, but that was for Glen. Anyone I know in 3rd year has heard already if they got it, but that's just the people I know. There's still a possibility of Glen rejections and offers that way, we have to have everything returned by next wednesday. I know that isn't hugely helpful when you're in the states and need somewhere to live when you get back, but it's the best I can do at the mo. Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Is it only distance? Woopee!

/me just got a little bit more likely to get a place

Anyway, aren't you guaranteed accomodation with an entrance scholarship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Don't think you are with an entrance scholarship - as far as I know you may be with the other UCD 150 scholars one but I'm unsure tbh

UCD offers a number of entrance scholarships (Guidelines can be found at http://www.ucd.ie/horizons/entrance.pdf) every year for programmes across the University. These are awarded to the top students on the basis of points achieved in their first sitting of the Leaving Certificate Examination, in six subjects. 'Entrance Scholars' will also be given priority in the allocation of places in student residences.
    ALthough they could be lieing(sp?)....

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭James_sb

Everyone I've known who got an entrance scholarship got campus. That's 6 people. But you still have to pay for it, and if you've got somewhere else you can also not take it.

• Advertisement

Yera that's probably right but it is also dependent on where you're from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rotten_eggz

Ok so when do first years find out if they have got the on campus accomodation?

Some time next week

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dovescar

wooo hoo, finally i get something for being a kerryman, or am i far enough!!!!!!!

yeah u more or less wud hav it in da bag i wud think!! its really 50 50 4 me cos im 4rm waterford

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

yeah u more or less wud hav it in da bag i wud think!! its really 50 50 4 me cos im 4rm waterford
    what about West Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

You should be ok. It's door to door distance.

Can we cut the txttlk, please? There's plenty of space for full words. It makes my brain bleed.

what about West Cork?

Shud be grand, oh and does Merville does have wireless internet access? As for my typing if anyone doesn't like it, then don't read it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Shud be grand, oh and does Merville does have wireless internet access? As for my typing if anyone doesn't like it, then don't read it:p
    There's a boards rule that txt speak is banned.

And no Merville does not have internet access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Serenity

So has ANYONE heard back after sending an application for accomadation? Dunno about anyone else, but I'm getting kind of impatient - I mean if I don't get campus I have to find somewhere else pronto. And the deadline to pay the accomadation fee is what - Friday? Cutting it fine aren't they? Eek.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

For the sake of legibility, we push full use of the qwertyness.

Also, ur nt frm lndn so lk cp on.

Maybe I'm just prematurely old here but I am the only one who couldn't read that???? :D

Licences start next tuesday for res so I'd say first years will find out very soon.

I heard friday. Leaving those who got rejected 4 days to find somewhere. =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

i think i may ring them tomorrow just to find out when we're supposed to find out for defo!

Serenity wrote:
    So has ANYONE heard back after sending an application for accomadation? Dunno about anyone else, but I'm getting kind of impatient - I mean if I don't get campus I have to find somewhere else pronto. And the deadline to pay the accomadation fee is what - Friday? Cutting it fine aren't they? Eek.

:confused:
    Well im in the same boat as Serenity and besides the nice company, its not a nice place to be.
    If I dont get it either I'll be like a headless chicken around the unfamiliar streets of Dublin and I'll be proving all the old Kerryman jokes. The officials are really cutting it fine alright!

• Advertisement

Make that three. I haven't a fucking clue what to do if I don't get the on-campus...no idea how to go about finding somewhere in dublin, or even what parts of dublin to look! Stupid confusing numbers....

Cutting it fine? this is turning into a farce if you ask me, if this is any indicator to how things are run in ucd im gonna be very worried going there. we are basically goin to be given less than a week nd a half to find accommodation if we dont get on campus(nd ive a debs in between which menas ive even less time). Disaster

Cutting it fine? this is turning into a farce if you ask me, if this is any indicator to how things are run in ucd im gonna be very worried going there. we are basically goin to be given less than a week nd a half to find accommodation if we dont get on campus(nd ive a debs in between which menas ive even less time). Disaster
    Raphael wrote:
    Make that three. I haven't a fucking clue what to do if I don't get the on-campus...no idea how to go about finding somewhere in dublin, or even what parts of dublin to look! Stupid confusing numbers....

Daft.ie
    gumtree.ie
    studentlettings.ie

These are a few good places to start god forbid if you don't get on campus.

So, has anyone heard anything, as in anything at all???
    Flippin heck! it's nearly time to start panicking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Instead of moaning here would you not just ring them and ask them??

Nah that just takes the fun and anticipation out of it!

I'd second robins advice, when i rang them about my res they told me over the phone if i'd got it or not, if they've sent out the letters already they will tell you on the phone i would say although i can't guarentee that.

Ya i guess your right, might just do that,
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I really think your best bet is to ring the Accom. office... last year when I had applied for Res as a firsty I got no notice saying that I hadn't been accepted and only found out becaise I had rang. If you do ring now at least you'll have a headstart in the hunt for somewhere to live!

• Advertisement

Way ahead of ye! I rang the accommodation office earlier, i was told we'd find out in the post on friday, the deadline to pay is monday or tuesday next week so there you have it...

Advertisement