Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transferring bank accounts

Options
  • 26-07-2006 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

just wondering has anybody had any experience with transferring bank accounts from one country to another while leaving my bank account open here (eg i want to send the money from my bank account here to my account back in NZ). how long does it usually take and is it easy enough? ill just take the cash home with me if need be but it would be handier to transfer it..
    im with bank of ireland btw..

thanks for any help people can give..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You'll get a better response in Business/Economy/Finance forum.... I'm going to move this thread there.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

TmB wrote:
    You'll get a better response in Business/Economy/Finance forum.... I'm going to move this thread there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

ellenmelon wrote:
    just wondering has anybody had any experience with transferring bank accounts from one country to another while leaving my bank account open here (eg i want to send the money from my bank account here to my account back in NZ).

You'll be able to leave your account open here without an issue.
    how long does it usually take and is it easy enough? ill just take the cash home with me if need be but it would be handier to transfer it..
    im with bank of ireland btw..

International payments can vary - but you can be looking at anything up to ten working days. As for the cost..well, it'll depend on differing circumstances..give your branch a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭RandomOne

Add to the above, you'll need every bit of information about both banks/accounts to do it. Int'l and Swift codes, bank branch address as well as normal account details. Check the costs both ends as it may be cheaper to send Euros and have your NZ bank convert rather than have BOI send NZ currency. If it's not a significant amount, it may well be easier and cheaper (and definitely faster) to just take the cash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement