Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about EsatBT and UTV broadband/phone packages

• 26-07-2006 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on esats 2MB broadband package. Our line rental is with UTV to avail of the free evening and weekend calls. Esat have now shaken this up with their new packages and I'm thinking of moving. We currently pay:

Esat 2MB BB = €32.50pm
    UTV Line rental = €25pm
    Total = €57.50pm

We could go EsatBT + total talk = €54 for 2MB BB + free calls (Does this package offer free calls 24/7?)

Or we could go UTV uncapped service:

€31.99 BB service (Does this include line rental????)
    €5..99 for no cap
    Total €37.98

Question is does UTV package include line rental or do I add another €25pm on top?

Which would you recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

As far as I am aware all UTV packages exclude line rental, and they don't discount it either.

Since you already have the BT broadband I'd swap everything over to them for the reduced line rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Jesus UTV don't make it clear on the website do they....

Therefore full package with EsatBT would cost €54 (are the calls free 24/7?) vrs UTV uncapped package at €64 assuming line rental is not included in the stated price.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

When i was with U.tv it did not include line rental
    so add 24.18 to the price.

so for you 2mb with u.tv BB + phone + no cap = 60.16 (24.18 + 29.99 + 5.99)
    ( + you get
    restrictions on download limits in peek times and you pay for day time calls)

Bt you get 2mb 20gb cap(I think) free calls all day (calls limited to an hour before cost - same as utv)
    no restrictions (Although may take best part of a year before you get your bill in order) for 54 euros......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

daveg wrote:
    We could go EsatBT + total talk = €54 for 2MB BB + free calls (Does this package offer free calls 24/7?)
    The BTIreland site says "allows the Customer make unlimited direct dialled voice calls to any local or national land line number and any UK land line number" and "unlimited free calls are conditional upon disconnecting before the 60th consecutive minute and re-dialling". (As far as I know, UTV has the same 60 minute condition).

The BT offer appears to be for all day calls, not just off-peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Yep BT is 24/7 for landline direct calls within Ireland and the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Thanks lads. Really appreciate your help. Looks like we will move over to BT completely. They dont enforce CAP anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jools60

Hi there
    I think you'll find that the UTV package includes the Line rental as it states on their web site that the off peak calls to Ireland and UK are free
    10% savings on peak calls compared to Eircom and that line rental is the same cost as that of Eircom which means that UTV Talk take over the line rental from Eircom.
    Cheers

Advertisement