Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Set up bluetooth headset on Nokia 6680

• 26-07-2006 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Hi guys and gals,
    Have a motorola bluetooth headset that a friend gave me. Can't get it connected to my Nokia 6680. Have tried for ages but not getting anywhere. Could someone please let me know how to do it. Headset is charging - could that affect it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

well first of all take it off charge
    2)set your 6680 to discoverable
    3)hold down the call button on the headset until blue light is on constantly
    4)go to new paired device on the 6680 and search for new devices
    5)it should connect and ask for pass key..its 0000 press yes
    6)bobs your uncle your grannys coming it should work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

damo86 wrote:
    well first of all take it off charge
    2)set your 6680 to discoverable
    3)hold down the call button on the headset until blue light is on constantly
    4)go to new paired device on the 6680 and search for new devices
    5)it should connect and ask for pass key..its 0000 press yes
    6)bobs your uncle your grannys coming it should work!!

Cheers for help.
    2 questions.
    1 - how do I set it to discoverable? (1)
    2 - I tried holding down the green key but nothing happens (3)

setting to discoverable: (bluetooth-visibility-shown to all)
    what type of moto headset do you have(version)?presume your pressing the call button on the headset..not the phone cos on my headset (mbh300) theres just one silver call button?

These are the model numbers.
    CHYN4590A / HS801
    04237-v0526.1.

Found a manual for it here.
    http://au.motorola.com/pcs/support/manuals/Bluetooth.pdf

but still not getting anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

damo86 wrote:
    setting to discoverable: (bluetooth-visibility-shown to all)
    what type of moto headset do you have(version)?presume your pressing the call button on the headset..not the phone cos on my headset (mbh300) theres just one silver call button?
    that won't actually do it. as well as setting it to "shown to all", he also has to turn it on :)

• Advertisement

that won't actually do it. as well as setting it to "shown to all", he also has to turn it on :)

Have enabled shown to all and turned on bluetooth.
    How do I "go to new paired device"?

on the bluetooth menu just press right (on the centre joystick/d pad)-options-new paired device and it should start to look for devices,you have to put the headset to pairing mode by holding down the call key(until bluelight is on constant) on the headset before find new device.

@commander vimes
    setting it to discoverable will turn in bluetooth anyway

Got it lads.
    Thanks a million.
    Wouldn't have figured out with your help.

Advertisement