Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flatscreen television in the canteen room beside 911

Options
  • 26-07-2006 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to adjust the volume on it? A gang of Spanish students came in and turned the volume way up and then left - its driving me mad! I disconnected one of the speakers but it's still pretty loud. anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

what on earth are you doing in UCD at this time of the year??!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

why on earth do spainish students do whatever they want.

There should be buttons on the bottom facing the ground or on the left hand side around the back. Depends what make it is. What make is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

If all else fails. switch off then back on again. Should reset vol to default level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

No luck on any of them I'm afraid - I even got out a torch and had a good look behind (Its brand is NEC). Rang services and they sent someone around but he wasn't able to do anything either :( Ah its not so bad though, I'm almost getting used to it now!

Lol, one of the more unusual calls they get I'm sure.

• Advertisement

can it be unplugged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

throw a chair at it

read louder than it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

they probably had one of those remotes on a watch. someone has to have a remote.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

We've an NEC flatscreen in work blondie, i'll have a look at it tomorrow and see. not sure if ours has speakers - are you sure there isn't a separate stereo amp lurking around somewhere? are the speakers built into it or separate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

a lot of LCD and Plasmas have their buttons on the top....well at least Philips and Sharp do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Move seats? Its a beautiful evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Use other computer rooms for example the the Arts room C108 is VERY quiet.Look here

But that's too far away from 911 for the Blondie to sit down with her donut and coffee while she posts on boards....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

irlrobins wrote:
    But that's too far away from 911 for the Blondie to sit down with her donut and coffee while she posts on boards....
    Thats scary - you know me way too well! I love to start off the "work" with a donut and a cup of coffee, in fact I think the staff in 911 know me by now :D. To answer the other questions - the tv can be plugged out and the speakers are seperate and connected up with red and black wires. I disconnected one of the two to reduce the noise - but services man wasn't too impressed with that! (not that i admitted or anything) Must try and bring in a universal remote next time I'm in there...

blondie83 wrote:
    Must try and bring in a universal remote next time I'm in there...
    Lol, I can see Blondie sitting then channel zapping and annoying everyone else trying to watch MTV. "Fuck off the lot of you! Corrie is on!" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

You and your calling services from that spot when you find yourself in a pickle blondie83!!!
    Wasn't that where you were when you got locked in that time?

They must look forward to your calls at this stage! ;)

In response to your predicament (albeit late)...
    Start to throttle any spanish student you come across with the poof thing that's in the area. The noise of this & the "victims" friends screaming out for mercy should just about drown out the sound of the telly.
    You have my number if you need a hand!

Advertisement