Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Names Tags/Stickers for lunch boxes/cups etc

Options
  • 26-07-2006 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Wonder is anyone can tell me where to buy names tags for children for their clothes and things like lunch boxes etc?.. Pref. online if possible.. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Leax

i got my clothes ones here: http://www.permanentbrand.com/PermanentBrand/, found them excellent

for stickers mabye you could just buy adhesive sheets and print the name and cut out?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

Leax - thanks for that link for the clothes, appreciate it..good to have a recommendation.

I know what you mean about the stickers but I have to have their names on their beakers and they keep coming off when I wash them!!! I've resorted to putting sellotape over the stickers but they still come off..... !

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Leax

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

:D You are a star Leax - they would be ab. perfecto!!! Great Stuff. Thanks for your time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Hi there,

Get yourself a permanent marker, one with a fairly thin writing nib. Write the child's name on beakers etc and wash as normal. Name will stay for ages but after a few months you mught need to write it over the same place again as it will very gradually fade.

Same for clothes. Don't buy one of those "laundry marking pens" - I did they're rubbish, couple of washes, name gone. Use the same pen as you used for the beakers and write the child's name on the label of their clothes. It'll last for ages and ages, probably until the child outgrows them, or else you can write over it again anyway. Also, using the label that's already on the garment saves you sewing lillte labels on stuff or ironing on labels that fall off after a few washes (again, I 've tried those ones). I've never bothered marking socks though, don't know how you'd manage that to be honest!

I got a cheap set of 4 permanent markers that came in a pack that says they're for writing on Cd's. They've been working perfectly for the job. Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

I'll second that - permanent marker all the way. For clothing, Cash's name tapes are the best value - get them online rather than via Hickeys/Arnotts - much cheaper. 1 gross (144 tags) cost £7.50 (free delivery) and will last all through primary school and most likely beyond.

Advertisement