Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aib internet banking muppitry

Options
  • 26-07-2006 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

A very long rant about aib internet banking and the muppits who govern it... you might get some enjoyment out of my misery.

I recently got a joint account with the gf as we have an AIB mortgage. About 6 weeks ago, I went to add the account to my internet banking so I could view the account. So, on the phone I was told I needed to fill out a form getting the joint account co owner (i.e. gf) to autherise my adding it to internet banking.

issue: I'm able to lodge and withdraw money from that account on my own, but to view the account, I need authorisation??? AIB muppits, why?

So, I get the form and we fill it out (the form is actually impossible to follow... just sign your name to it) and sent it back in. After 2 weeks, no updates so I ring up and ask what the story is. Get no help on the phone because... AIB are muppits. On the 3rd week, get the form sent back to me with a note attached... I have another joint account with my dad. Apparantly, in order for me to be able to view my joint account (with the gf) online , I need to get my dad to sign the form giving his authorisation too.

issue: what the fcuk does my dad have to with me adding a joint account with my gf onto my internet banking??? what are you AIB muppits thinking?

So, I get my dad to sign the form and I send it back in again. Another 2 weeks have passed and still nothing. Also, in the last 10 days, I have been sent the same authorisation form 5 times.

issue: why do those AIB muppits keep sending me crap???

It's been over six weeks and still nothing. All I want to do is add an account to my online banking. Does it have to be that difficult? If anyone reading this is from AIB, what is going on with you guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭RandomOne

I assume they need your Dad's signature as if you have internet banking available it will let you access all your accounts???

However, I did grin at most of what you posted since I also am still trying to get internet access for my (sole) account with AIB. No other parties involved, just me on the account and still no joy.

Mind you, I've only been trying for 3 weeks, so guess I can still find it amusing at this stage. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

What you need to do sir is switch banks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

That sounds crazy, must be for users setting it up recently. I have had mine up with a few years and have had no trouble adding accounts including joint with my gf. I never had to fill in any forms or anything and with the new code card you can add accounts without even ringing them. I guess that doesnt really help you though....sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,632 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

RandomOne wrote:
    I assume they need your Dad's signature as if you have internet banking available it will let you access all your accounts???

However, I did grin at most of what you posted since I also am still trying to get internet access for my (sole) account with AIB. No other parties involved, just me on the account and still no joy.

Mind you, I've only been trying for 3 weeks, so guess I can still find it amusing at this stage. ;)

on the fews times that I have done this, it worked and was setup in days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

jayok wrote:
    What you need to do sir is switch banks! :)

no no no. AIB 24hr banking is the biz. I feel they have always been ahead of the competition on tech. front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

Sorry about your story. Geez.....

I would say I'm quite happy with aib net banking, with the new code card, u can do loads of things not available with banking365/BOI etc. like sending money to other accounts be it international or local. 1 thing that annoys me tho is u can't set up/cancel direct debit/standing orders with it.

hope you can eventually view ur joint account eventually...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

How could you possibly set up a direct debit over the internet without the 3rd party involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Zakrze wrote:
    no no no. AIB 24hr banking is the biz. I feel they have always been ahead of the competition on tech. front.

I agree! I'm not AIB's biggest fan, but they certainly have a much better internet banking service than Ulster Bank and BOI!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Jesus thats mad, lately I find AIB nothing but efficient. They have really taken all the stops out! in the last six months I needed to get three accounts added to my online banking and it was done over the phone in a matter of seconds.

I got a bit confused reading the OPs post, I can imagine if you spoke about the TWO joint accounts on the phone they got confused and didn't understand which account you wanted to view...hence asking for your Dad's signature.

OP, ring AIB back and explain calmly that you have filled in the form to view your joint acc with GF and explain that nothing has happened. TBH you should have followed up the forms with phone calls anyway.

To me it sounds like the forms are being filled out incorrectly so request a new form and then ring your branch and they will talk you through filling it out, send it back in and phone them up two days later.

The whole thing sounds like crossed wires.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭RandomOne

Update: Mine's all gone through.

Twice! :D

But it works. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

Sangre wrote:
    How could you possibly set up a direct debit over the internet without the 3rd party involved?

what do u mean by 3rd party? the ppl receiving the money???

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I added our mortage and credit card accounts no problem and I agree that AIB internet banking is very good and so is their telephone service.

Then again we seem to have sailed through life without problems with AIB butyet we regularly hear of people who have issues setting up direct debits , standing orders etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,632 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Zakrze wrote:

And they seem to have upgraded it in the past week or so.

you can now update/maintain standing orders onlne/

Advertisement