Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial advisers

Options
  • 26-07-2006 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Can anyone reccomend any good INDEPENDENT financial advisers that will help me out with tax/investment etc...??? Thanks:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Don't think you'll find any TBH. I looked for ages no so long ago and then paid nearly €2k for the advice to learn a few months later was an agent! Really p1ssed me off.... :mad: If you are looking to sort tax, etc, maybe an accountant would be a better stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Tax - Investment - Should be an accountant who is a member of the Irish tax institute for detailed an advice.

What type of investment and I maybe able to put you in contact with someone here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sbk

Thanks for the advice about an accountant, would accounting firms be willing to take on a small-timer like me??
    I'm talking about investment property and a small business, not to mention the day to day tax stuff by the way. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Everything starts from small. Off course an accountant would hear what you have to say, accountants are there to provide professional financial advice no matter how big or small your business is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MickJon

I had a problem and they helped me like that:
    I thought I had a good rate with my bank and a consultant in GFA (Guardian Financial Advisors) took a look at what I had. He surprisingly got me a better rate and saved me almost €200 on my mortgage payments a month. Have to say I was given great service and the guy there was happy to deal with me outside office hours as I didn’t want to be talking about my mortgage in the middle of the office with 20 ears listening to what I was doing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement