Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Char Migration and creation of a Boards Guild

Options
  • 26-07-2006 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Not sure if enough people would be interested, but there has been alot of talk of founding an Irish Guild, with a core of players from boards.

With the advent of Character Migration, and it's imminent roll-out to all Servers, there exists an opportunity to do this.

If a PvE Server were selected, anyone could migrate, whether currently on either type of server.

If anyone would be interested in this idea pls post some thoughts below.

PS I have no interest in being GM or any such ****e, I just think it might be good craic to have a fully Irish Guild

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i think thats a damn good idea, but i still dont have any lvl60s yet, but i definetly like this idea and from being in an irish guild in guildwars for a long time i can tell you its a lot of fun and well worth thinking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Lol, PvE server.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I wouldn't mind what kind of server it's on, but I'm keeping my main where it is and levelling it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Yeah, I'm up for leveling a character on any type of server. No way I'd move my PvP rogue to a PvE server though. Plus, if we all level together, it means that we'll all be the same faction. I'd suggest we should do it on Magtheridon, alliance side. It's a low population server, the worlds first C'thun kill came from a guild there and they have PuG groups all the time for ZG and sometimes even MC.

https://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-realm-magtheridon-en&t=15940&p=1&tmp=1#post15940

Take a look at all the guilds raid progress there!

im up for that, alliance or horde? i dont mind rolling a priest there if needed...and when we gonna start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Sounds a fun way to level an (other!) alt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

its a nice idea, but theres not many people who would transfer their character from a pvp realm to a pve realm. levelling alts on a server together is a good idea though, even if it has been tried (slightly) before, on xavius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yeah I'd be up for levelling an alt on a server with some boards folk. Cuts out all the problems with cost of migration, varying levels and of course some folks being horde some being ally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

a lot easier nad more enjoyable to just picka server and roll on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id be up for an alt with you guys too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

"Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in"......:p

Name a server an faction and ill see you all their

agreed, call it so someone, i reckon a pvp server would be a good idea maybe? and horde for the hell of it, no real reason at all, just felt like saying it :P

If we were going to go PvP server and horde, Jaedenar? :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yes yes, thats my server!!!! tho ally peeps come on ya know ya wanna, and all gnomes

Kirby i think we just decided :P right ill roll out tonight and expect some variation of Splinter//splinty//splinterific to be LFG BOARDS FTW :P

edit: a gnome only guild sounds like a larf and a harf though

Lol, if we go horde on Jaedenar I get to play my tauren druid named Nubcakes :D
    There's an ally guild on my server made up of gnomes and dwarves called <Short But Deadly> - I lol'd the first time I saw it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

I would be totally up for that sounds like a great idea, so could someone clarify in stone what server and faction to roll ?

Im getting sick of my rogue on BL can never get into raids, there are just too many of us.

fine we shall roll on Jaedenar and as horde, as first suggested ok?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

boo alliance i say...gnomes all of us...females, with pink pigtails, and we must all be called different cheerleaders from bring it on!!!

no seriously....

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

Can we hold off 24 hours and make sure their is no conflict on rolling Horde on Jaedenar for those who are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I have a lvl 3 gnome rogue called Sweetiepie. :p

Must delete her and start a new one with Bubblegum Pink hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If we're agreed on that server, maybe someone should set up a poll in terms of alliance/horde.

Personally I'd like to go with Horde, but only because my main is alliance.

or gnomes and dwarfs...someone open a poll soon...

Advertisement