Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

niall blaney joins fianna fail

Options
  • 26-07-2006 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭

niall blaney the independant td for donegal son of neil blaney whom was involved in the arms trial , has joined fianna fail. so once again when the people vote for an independant we get a mainstream party member instead. wonderfull little democracy we have isnt it? no wonder people are so disillusioned with politics, i swear if irish politicians had to pass EU packaging laws half em wouldnt make it into the dail

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Good thing about democracy is that the voters in Donegal can vote for someone else if they don't like the fact that he joined Fianna Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

cant help thinking thats whats gonna happen. now isnt the best time to be in FF and theres gonna be one hell of a culling in the next election. with mcdaid retireing they could lose both seats up there. i mean hell the guys family isnt even happy he did this so what will joe voter think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Diaspora

What is the deal in DNE?

Will the Shinners take a seat and if so will it be the FF or FG one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

Indo story here. I find it simply bizarre that this dynasty has existed for so long. What's the point of having a complicated system of PR, if people really want to be ruled by some local Baron distributing favours to you if you are nice to him. I don't see it as an independent turning on his voters. I'd just sort of wonder who would vote for someone known as 'independent FF', and wtf was on their minds while they did it.

That said, some seem to be saying this is a marriage of necessity as SF are likely to see off the independent FF organisation. Hence His Excellency Baron Donegal the Magnificent's only chance of election is to throw in his lot with FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Jim Mcdaid is to seek nomination in the next election.

• Advertisement

yes which makes it really interesting. do you vote for the guy who betrayed his family of the guy who likes to drive up the wrong way on motorways pissed out of his head. my odds on this sinn fein will get one seat and FG will get the other the last will be a toss up between the two FF ers and its too close to call on those guys. i'd lean bearly on mcdaid. he might be an alco but constituants have forgiven criminals before. but NOT guys whove stabbed you in the back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

i am getting a bit fed up with this sh1te. I knew Nial Blaney personally (the original not the curent). If you take the original and the current and add them together you have about fifty years in the Dail. Now I am aware of speeches made on thm by this but let me ask you how many times Blaneys have voted against Fianna Fail in the Dail?

Please dont display your ignorance by taking opportunistic shots. please supply the evidence i asked of you to back up your comments.

ISAW wrote:
    i am getting a bit fed up with this sh1te. I knew Nial Blaney personally (the original not the curent). If you take the original and the current and add them together you have about fifty years in the Dail. Now I am aware of speeches made on thm by this but let me ask you how many times Blaneys have voted against Fianna Fail in the Dail?

Please dont display your ignorance by taking opportunistic shots. please supply the evidence i asked of you to back up your comments.

what are you talking about man, this is your first post in this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

ISAW wrote:

what are you talking about man, this is your first post in this thread?

How is the fact that it is his first post in the forum relevant(if indeed it is). You are being opportunistic. Neil Blaney left FF after the arms trial, and who was it that was going to give the IRA weapons? yes that's right it was CJ, who just happened to pass away in the weeks before Niall Blaney rejoined FF. I am getting a bit fed up with this SF rhetoric to be honest. God bless this country if they ever get into power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

Diaspora wrote:
    What is the deal in DNE?

Will the Shinners take a seat and if so will it be the FF or FG one?
    I doubt it would be FG, as here are DNEs 3 TDs:

Jim McDaid(FF)
    Cecelia Keveaney(FF)
    and
    Niall Blaney(FF)

At least it's a sure fire seat loss.....

• Advertisement

nuttz wrote:
    How is the fact that it is his first post in the forum relevant(if indeed it is).

i didnt say forum i said thread. read his post, he said he asked for evidence but he never asked a bloody question!, i can only assume he posted here by accident cause the thread was dead for a month before he resurrected it, and what the hell has SF got to do with anything here besides the fact i think theyre gonna get a seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Diaspora

Cronus333 wrote:
    I doubt it would be FG, as here are DNEs 3 TDs:

Jim McDaid(FF)
    Cecelia Keveaney(FF)
    and
    Niall Blaney(FF)

At least it's a sure fire seat loss.....

Thanks for clarifying this and to avoid sounding like a complete idiot I will use the Ted Crilly defence it is an FG seat that is only resting in the FF account.

Looks like 3 could go to 1 the way things are going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

Diaspora wrote:
    Thanks for clarifying this and to avoid sounding like a complete idiot I will use the Ted Crilly defence it is an FG seat that is only resting in the FF account.

Looks like 3 could go to 1 the way things are going.
    Well if they run a spectacularily bad campaign all could lose, as the lynchpin (mcdaid) is retiring, blaneys vote will be hoovered up by Sinn Fein and Cecelia isn't exactly spectacular.

What I'd really like to see is after the constituency reforms when Donegal North East and Donegal South West are fused together the dogfight between 5 FF TDs over 5 seats. Too bad it won't happen until after the election, when there will be only 2 FF TDs in Donegal anyway:D !

Advertisement