Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snagging

Options
  • 26-07-2006 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi,

We are expecting to start snagging sometime towards the end of next week and was wondering what type of snags came up for other people that we should be watching out for??

Thanks,
    C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

well we had all the usual paintwork etc. but a couple of things I wouldn't have noticed were

windows in kitchen not fitted properly and would leak in the rain
    Gas cooker was not fitted in at the back (just slotted in and looked fine)
    Balcony rail ws not finished at the corner (duplex)

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Little Bobby

Hey,

We don't start snagging for a few months while but I've started looking online and came across this handy snag list generator...

http://members.tripod.com/~lfinegan/snag.htm

There are some dodgy snaggers out there so I'd recommend getting someone that's been heavily recommended or else use a qualified/professional company (you can find plenty online).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CD_GD

Thank's for the advice. I wouldn't have thought to check the cooker was connected!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

not to open a new topic so I will just continue here:

We paid a snagger (will not mention names at this stage) 430€ to carry out a snag list. He did his job and when I called him today to ask him if he was contacted by the builder re: revisiting the initial snag list, he said that he did his job and does not get involved any further. One of the reasons he gave was that he thought the issues found were purely aesthetic! I was a little bit upset as I do not know what to think. Namely, the electricity or gas supply were not switched on at the time of the snagging and the attic was not insulated! He also said if we wanted, he would go down again (not that he is travelling more than 10 minutes BTW) but that each further inspection would have to be paid!
    He told me that we would be revisiting each of the issues with the foreman the day that we are called to carry out an inspection!
    We are not professionals so we would not know what to look after. At the time the snagging was carried out, we could have employed a cousin to do the job for free but we thought that someone who is registered as a snagger would do a better job!
    What do you think we should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hi Reg,

I am a Building Surveyor. If you would like me to look through the list and go through the items with you so you know how to deal with the site foreman I would be happy to do so. You can send me a private message with your contact details or go to www.allaboutbuildings.ie to contact me.

Hope I can can help a new neighbour out!

Ciarán.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
Advertisement