Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what to wear to boyfriends 21st???

• 26-07-2006 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

my boyfriends 21st is next week and im not really sure what too wear. its held in a hotel and there will be friends and family there. how dressy should i go? any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

well one of my friends had a great idea.. she had a two piece debs dress corset and full skirt and she getting it cut up and restyled for her bf's 21st tempted to do the same myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

woah thats alot of effort seeing as its next week! so i really am expected too dress up kinda formalish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Why dont you ask your boyfriend how formal his 21st will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Well to my bf's 21st I wore a knee length turquoise floaty kinda skirt and a dressy white top. I'm sure something similar would suffice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Lady_Macbeth

To my bf's 21st I wore 3/4 length jeans, a string top and flip flops! But then again it was during rag week last year and drinking was the priority!

See what he's wearing and match his formality. So if he's wearing a shirt/trouser/shoe combo you could dress up pretty well, if it's more casual shirt/nice jeans/shoes or maybe tshirt/jeans/decent runners (unlikely, but you never know!) ...Dress according to his code. After that it doesn't matter.

Maybe a nice summery-ish dress or something, or there are plenty of strapless dresses ending just-above-the-knee around. Try Oasis, saw a few nice ones in there. Also Jane Norman have a few nices ones (and they're on sale atm!). Few dresses in River Island now as well, but they're part of the sale stock so even if you find something you like, you may not get your size.

Best of luck, and enjoy the night!

- Lady

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

plain and simple....

how formal is your boyfriend going... you just go slightly more formal than him....

any one of these
    http://www.warehouse.co.uk/pws/ProductCategoryAttributeLink.ice?paId=DEPARTMENT&value=DRESSES&layout=categoryhome.layout&resetFilters=true

or

http://www.oasis-stores.com/whatsnew/

Your representing yourself in front on his family and relations, You'l want to look great go with a dress , and accessorise accordingly

If you want to go formal wear high heels, slightly less so for example if its just in a pub or a night out wear fancy flats or kitten heels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

It depends on the hotel of course how formal you want to go.

But a nice summer dress or a dressy top with nice trousers and heels would be appropriate i think.

His friends and family will be there and more than likely you will get you mug stuck in a few photos :D so i'm sure you want to make a bit of an effort.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Mainly people get to drunk at these things so they wont notice to much what you are wearing.

Have a good night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

I would put some effort in if his family were going to be there! I would go for a classy look, maybe a nice dress or a nice skirt and top! You could go for a nice plain dress and ad some sparkle with nice shoes and accessories!

Enjoy yourself! :)

Advertisement