Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband - Pros and Cons

• 26-07-2006 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

A friend of mine has recently moved back to Dublin, and is weighing up different broadband. She's currently thinking about going with IBB, mainly due to the fact that it doesn't require a phone-line. She's really just interested in using it for general browsing, rather than gaming or downloads, so speed and download limits shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Looking through the threads, there certainly seems to be quite a few complaints about them, but some of these do seem to go back to last year. Can anyone give a brief rundown of the pros and cons of going for this option, compared to any of the others? FWIW, she'll be living down around Arran Quay.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Especially not a friend. In fact I wouldn't even recommend them to an ennemy as that would be way too cruel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Simply it is not relaible.
    Currently for the last two days I have no been able to use our ibb breeze connection to even view a single website.
    Which makes it worse then dail up when it is ment to be broadband.
    When it works it work fine but after 6 to 10 weeks of no issues it falls to pieces and it seems to take anything from 2 weeks plus for them to resolve them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

The ONLY thing I think is good about ripwave is that there is no fixed term contract. So you can try it out and return whenever you like. Assuming they havn't changed that!

LK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Avoid, even the rop wave try clear wire instead or see if she can get ntl OR digi web`s wire less options. All do not require phone lines.

IBB complaints being over a year old here on boards I find that hard to believe. Id say its 2-3 months since ive last been complaining and now im complaining again, mine has been screwed for a week now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I jumped ship from IBB in May this year after being reasonably happy for the previous 12 months. They are as bad now as they've ever been, avoid! "You don't even need a computer to use our Broadband because you will never be connected long enough to enjoy the experience" their advertising states, allegedly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Never have had a reliable connection, but havn't paid them for 8 months either so its your choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

krazy_8s wrote:
    Never have had a reliable connection, but havn't paid them for 8 months either so its your choice.
    Kind of in the same situation... Haven't paid them for 4 months and don't intend to either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

But are ya still getting a service from then steph?

Advertisement