Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan - Real; It's War!

• 26-07-2006 7:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

"Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has launched a furious attack on Real Madrid over their attempts to sign Kaka.

New Real president Ramon Calderon is keen to sign the Brazilian but the Italians insist he will not leave the San Siro.

"For 50 years Real have been the greatest club in the world but now they have thrown all that out the window," Galliani told Marca.

"This Real does nothing to honour its history or its name."

He added: "Milan declares war on Real - you can write it like that - and it will do everything it can to make their life impossible.

"Kaka is not going to leave here, but if he did it would not be to Real. No one from this club will sit down and negotiate with them because what they are doing is not how great clubs work together.

"I want to clarify that these remarks are against the current Real (management) and not the club that we all know and love."

Kaka is contracted to Milan until 2011."

Source: Goal.com and http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia

Could be interesting stuff for the next few weeks!
    Milan and Real used toi have a very good relationship.
    I wonder what Milan will do to make life harder for Real, maybe they will start bidding for Real targets like Cesc, Robben, Xabi and so on to drive thier prices up even though they have no interest in the players, God knows Berlu could outbid them just out of spite!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Kaka will stay, hes there many a year and a valued member of the squad.

Will be interesting to see if AC get to play Real in the CL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kaka won't be going anywhere, he's said it, the club has said it, everyone knows it, but Reals new president keeps saying he has an agreement with all parties, and guarenteeing the signing and so, Kaka called him a barefaced liar on Milan channel last week, has said he's never even met him and Calderon is still saying he will sign... it's crazy!

Milan are going mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Storm in a tea cup :D

Real all about the signing and not the result, where'd they finish in la liga last season :p

Last season they didn't have Cannavaro, Emmerson, Cassano wasn't fit and thier first team squad did **** all training.
    Now they have Fabio Capello, a much better training regime, 70million euros to spoend as capello wishes (he wont let the board dicate to him) and I reckon that with one or two choice additions to thier current squad they will be as good as anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Maybe I'm being over-complimentative of Capello, but I do think he could give the Real players the kick up the arse they need, and they could end up as the best team in Europe next season, or at least be in close competition with Barcelona and Chelsea.

Kaka would seal the deal, but it won't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

or at least be in close competition with Barcelona and Chelsea

Chelsea? good joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea with their additions are without a doubt one of the favorites to lift the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PHB wrote:
    Chelsea with their additions are without a doubt one of the favorites to lift the CL.

Big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Chelsea? good joke!

I've written out this line-up before, and it still scares me:

Cech
    Gallas--Terry--Carvalho--Cole
    Makelele
    Essien
    Ballack
    Lampard
    ---Shevchecko--Crespo

On paper, that's the best team in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

I've written out this line-up before, and it still scares me:

Cech
    Gallas--Terry--Carvalho--Cole
    Makelele
    Essien
    Ballack
    Lampard
    ---Shevchecko--Crespo

On paper, that's the best team in Europe.

They really lack width for me, and could become very predictable with Cole and Gallas having to do the job of both winger and fullback. Teams with two good wingers and a solid midfield would cause the team above a fair few problems at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

They really lack width for me

Most people who watch English football think that the 4-4-2 with central midfielders lacks width, but it doesn't. Barca play a similar formation, not few natural wide men, but width comes naturally.
    Yes it relies on full backs to an extent, but Ferreira(who is first choice RB) and Cole would be incredible at providing that width. But the central midfielders will push out to the wing, kinda like Zidane and Ronaldinho who play on the left side often.

While I don't agree it is the best team on paper, I think it is a top top quality team.

From http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/

Not likely to mean a whole lot to Galliani or Milan but seems to me like Real's
    new president is trying to give up on Kaka and not get the fans backlash?

"Real call Milan ceasefire
    Friday 28 July, 2006
    Real Madrid President Ramon Calderon has looked to make peace with Milan by clarifying his club’s position in a letter to Rossoneri chief Adriano Galliani.

“I was very surprised to read Galliani’s interview in the newspaper and am sure this is just a misunderstanding,” said Calderon.

“We respect Milan’s glorious history, the relationship between the clubs has always been excellent and we hope the quarrel can be patched up as soon as possible.”

Milan’s Vice-President launched a furious attack on Real Madrid in an interview with Marca on Tuesday after the Merengues’ numerous attempts to sign Brazilian star Kaka.

Galliani was unimpressed with the Spanish outfit’s behaviour and openly declared war on Real Madrid.

“Please feel free to write that Milan declares war on Real Madrid and will do everything we can to make their life difficult,” stated the former League President.

“As we have been repeating for the past month, Kaka will not leave Milan, but let me add that even if he were to leave, he would not go to Real.

“No one from this team is willing to start any negotiations with them, this is not the way great clubs work together.”

The 24-year-old midfielder is contracted to Milan until 2011 and has confirmed his wish to continue honouring his Rossoneri agreement.

But Calderon’s letter may not end the issue as Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic still considers Kaka as his transfer primary target this summer."

Advertisement