Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got/tried a Qtek 8500/Smartflip/HTC StrTrk?

• 26-07-2006 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has played with one of these yet and if so first impressions, especially how the keypad works for txting.

(Its a Windows Mobile phone similar to the Razr if you were wondering)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

I'll add to this and ask for comments - anybody got one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Mine arrived today :D

Will add some comments in next day or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Where did u purchase? Are you planning to try with Exchange SP2 push email??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I got Smine from Expansys.ie for €400ish with a 1gb Micro SD and a spare battery. Turned up in less than 48hrs.

Dont plan to play with Exchange unless I get a copy of it. Phone comes with Doc readers for all office attachments and PDF's.

Intial Impressions - excellent build, feels much more robust than my SP3i.

Looks excellent - especially the LCD's fantastically bright.

Keypad seems better than those on RAZR's and SLVRS, but I've only played with them for a little bit.

MicroSD cards :eek: They are tiny and seem fragile. I wont be taking mine out of the phone very often. Just filled it up with a 1Gb of WMA's.

1 Downside is the non-standard USB connector, but I knew about that beforehand.

Spend most of this evening configuring the phone how I like it, copying on my contacts, ringtones etc.

Audio quality is excellent WMA's sound excellent both through the supplied headphone and through the single speaker. Well impressed. :D

Camera looks good - havent had much chance to play with it yet.

The Bad bits :

ActiveSync is still a pile of crap. Had to upgrade from the supplied v4.1 to V4.2 before it would even connect to the phone, it connected fine with my SP3i.
    I have to switch Zonealarm off as well. Again the SP3i connects ok.

More later

Advertisement