Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Website?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

seeteawhyeye.com

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

tstandsforsmart.com
    inyourendoh.com
    oldman.com
    yourma.com
    soisyourface.com

I shall sign up and see how she flies. Yarr!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

tstandsfortsmart.com That's the whole point of the T
    bendoverandillshowyou.com
    irwinsreallytall.com
    dermoisahobo.com
    fathersonandfergalclose.com

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

Ah, I am ashamed for forgetting the t. The t is integral. Forgive me.

illwebsiteyourma.com
    cultofthespoon.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

Something boring that would distinguish itself very easily like ctyi.community.ie?

I like ctyizens.ie. But even if it's computerily possible (and I sure as hell wouldn't know) using an old one might jinx it.

I'm liking seateawhyeye.

How about supposedlytalented.ie? americanctyipie.ie? God, Ruth, you can think of better....It's not twelve noon yet. That's my excuse.

When it's up and running we should get a link from the official CTYI website.

• Advertisement

I liked illwebsiteyourma.com. Boring isn't fun!

Well, obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Getting a .ie domain is extremely difficult. Don't bother even trying.

Mogwai wrote:
    I need some suggestions on what to name the subsite, though - names that have to be available as .com and .net domains.

Oh, when will you people learn! Learn to read, that is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

And bloody expensive.

Raphael wrote:
    Getting a .ie domain is extremely difficult. Don't bother even trying.

Well considering she is based in America there would be little point in her having a .ie domain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Living in America would make it nigh on impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

is there even enough people on this board anymore (which has been far and away the most successful ctyi site (of my knowledge (im relatively noob))) to constitute a full website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

No Marc, no there is not.

No, that's why I think it's really important to get people onto it who aren't on boards.

Most CTYIzens haven't even heard of boards, it seems.

But most of them are online, and would be into it if it existed. So word-spreading must be done.

most ctyizens havent even heard of boards? thats just plain silly really.

I don't know if you're saying I'm silly in saying that or it being true is silly. I assume the former.

I don't know that it's true, I say 'it seems' cause I'm always talking to people who haven't even heard of them. A tiny fraction read/post.

Obviously nobody knows.

Now be nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well, if they're online and haven't heard of boards, there's a much simpler way of bringing them into the community than creating an entirely new website. And that way is... telling them about boards. If they don't want to join, then maybe they don't want to join another website either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

I agree with Stephanie.

I agree with Sofia.

well if you're talking about ctyizens (which i assume refers to the irish branch, hence the "i" etc) to say that a tiny fraction know about boards is ridiculous! to go to ctyi for 3 weeks even and avoid hearing about boards would be an impressive feat.

and i said thats silly, referring to what you said, i wouldve said you're silly for saying that if that was what i meant...

• Advertisement

and im always nice!

I agree with Liz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Yeah I agree with...all them people. Most people know about boards, but aren't really too interested cos they keep in contact with the friends they want to keep contact with through other channels. After a while real life takes over from ctyi. I don't get a much of a sense of community anymore here, and I don't see there being a lot of activity on your website. I just think it would be a shame for you to put in all that effort for nothing.

And Marc is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

I agree with Elizabeth Arden:
    "Repetition makes reputation and reputation makes customers."
    [/irony]

That'll be four euro fifty, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah I agree with...all them people. Most people know about boards, but aren't really too interested cos they keep in contact with the friends they want to keep contact with through other channels. After a while real life takes over from ctyi. I don't get a much of a sense of community anymore here, and I don't see there being a lot of activity on your website. I just think it would be a shame for you to put in all that effort for nothing.

And Marc is always nice.

Yeah, I miss the way the board used to be, it was fun. Now, less so.

it sounds to me like the site would be just plain better than boards.

and maybe we're talking about different sessions? cause I heard hardly anything about boards in either of my session 1s at CTYI.

well i was in session 1 03 and session 2 04 and 05 and heard about boards loads, especially towards the end of the sessions when people started realising they wont be seeing each other everyday and need to keep in contact. i think the weekly reunions (silly idea, took the buzz outta boards and reunions) took over for boards maybe.

i dunno, bottom line for me, website unnecessary...

I agree

But with who?

• Advertisement
Advertisement