Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling with Sandals

Options
  • 26-07-2006 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭

what i mean by sandals are the ones with no support e.g flip flops and the like.
    i find this extremly dangerous, the amount of people i see, (mainly females )cycling around the city in heavy traffic with this footwear is amazing.
    i cycle with skate runners and the soles on them are flat , have lots of support. flip flops dont have any support and such a small sol that the bend around the pedal.
    now my pedals studs actually rip the bottom of my runners, id dread to see what they would make of flip flops.
    also id say its more likely for your foot to come off the sandals on the pedal, which if happened at the wrong time could prove to be fatal.
    what do you cyclists feel about this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

That keeps me awake at night... seriously. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I shudder at the thought. My main problem is what if a gear slipped, foot comes off, and gets dragged along the ground. It's happened me a few times at lights, waiting for it to turn green, then finding out I didn't drop the gear right. I've desrtoyed a pair of shoes in the toes before doing that, as my foot got caught under the pedal, and dragged along the road. I cycled to my friends once in sandals. It's not far aay, and there is no traffic. My main issue was when i was setting of I moved the pedal up to the right position witht the top part of my foot, forgetting I was in sandals, leaving a nice cut on my foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dove

and we're discussing cycling sartorial etiquette. flip-flops are grand but take a little getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

While cycling west coast usa I met a girl cycling same route on a crappy old bike wearing flip flops, it was hilarious. 2 days later I saw her again & her flip flops had broken in 2.
    I also met a guy cycling in sandals from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

These sandals are more like it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement