Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US /Israel, why the pussyfooting

Options
  • 26-07-2006 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Conspiracy? maybe.Opinions on why the US has not smacked the hand of Israel for their destruction of Lebanon. I suspect it's a Jewish/power/ kind of thing, the US depends heavily on their Jewish citizens to keep them in power, be they democrat or republican. They could at the stroke of a pen withdraw the billions of funding/weapons/planes that they give to Israel every year, or at least threaten to, but they don't. I know that Israel are not afraid to play hardball, they would probably tell the US to Foff, but they wouldn't last long without the funding.Are the US afraid to upset Israel for some reason. No other country in the world would do what Israel has without the US stepping in in someway, I'm confused as to the reasons for the US soft footing, any one know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Brief reasons:

1) There is an organised Jewish Lobby group which has money and the willingness to spend it. As with any organised lobby group with money to spend, one sees them having effect on policy disproportionate to their democratic influence.

2) Criticising Israel's policy would be all but a direct admission that the US' own policies are also unacceptable.

3) Note that Bush rushed through an order for more guided bombs for Israel since this has started. US money spent on the US arms industry - which incidentally is another rich, well-organised, but small democratic group.

4) Very few nations have the ability and will to reverse policy decisions that have been in place for decades, except when there is no choice. The US isn't in a position of no-choice.

5) Its not an election issue until the US changes its position. If it does nothing, that won't bring the government down. If it changes position, it might.

Conspiracy? Maybe...depends on what you call a conspiracy.

World-controlling seekr1t Jewish power-based behind everything, manipulating the US as a puppet? Almost certainly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

bonkey wrote:
    World-controlling seekr1t Jewish power-based behind everything, manipulating the US as a puppet? Almost certainly not.

Agreed, but it add's fuel to the fire, if you get what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why is everything a schoolboy fantasy on this forum!? ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

gillo wrote:
    Agreed, but it add's fuel to the fire, if you get what I mean.

Indeedy.

But to be honest, people who have such fires already burning generally don't "suffer" from a lack of fuel in my experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Because the real target (from the US point of view) is Syria/Iran who support Hezbollah.

Nobody would buy the 'supporter of international terrorism' line now, so they have adapted it a little. Watch Iran get pulled into this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

Israel IS the USA-they are the same!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

There is no spoon! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement