Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering Vodafone Upgrade

• 26-07-2006 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

I got a new phone (kept my number) and I want to register online for my €80 credit. It says I have to log on to My Vodafone (which I did) And click on Register Upgrade pack; but I cannot find that section anywhere. Can anyone help? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just try the one that says "Register your Details for FREE credit", it should ask you for your IMEI and recognise that its an upgrade. I was having trouble upgrading a new phone of mine about 2 weeks ago so hope its fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

When I enter my IMEI this comes up:

Sorry! This IMEI is for a phone that has already been registered or is not recognised as a Bonus Pack. Please contact our Ready to Go Customer Care Team if you have any further problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thats a pain, happened to me also. Maybe give them a call and ask if its working at all. You could register offline but I think that means less credit. Anyone who has purchased a phone recently having the same problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The shop probably never connected the equipment pack (phone) to connection pack (number). It's this stupid thing that takes about a second to do, but is always forgotten about. Basically it means the phone hasn't been allocated to you yet. Since the same phones are used for billpay and RTG, the IMEIs aren't automatically allocated credit, even though they're Vodafone phones. You need to contact the shop with the box of the phone and the upgrade pack box (they want the 8 digit pack numbers on them).

I'm almost certain that's what's wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I ordered a Vodafone upgrade pack from Vodafone a few months ago and the same thing happened to me (wouldn't recognize the IMEI). I emailed Vodafone support and they sorted it out for me but it took two emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

How long does it take them to reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

youre better off calling then to be honest. say when you register online its giging you that message. sure youll have to wait a few minutes but its shorter than waiting for emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do it over the phone with them, explain the websites unclear and won't work.
    They'll sort you out.

Advertisement