Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA cancelled flight

Options
  • 26-07-2006 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Was due to get a British Airways flight Derry - Dublin but they cancelled it an hour after it was due to depart. They just told us it was technical problems and offered us paid for taxis to dublin or they'd put us on the flight the following day. I was not happy but had to take the taxi as the last bus had already left for dublin at this stage. The taxis took us to Dublin airport and we arrived about 4 and half hours later than the plane would have. Am i entitled to any compensation or a refund or a free flight on the same route for the inconvenience? Cause had I wanted to travel by road in the first place I would have got the bus or drive myself. I rand BA to see if I was entitled to anything and they told me to put in writing but the woman said it sounded like I wasn't as just because BA are an airline doesn't mean they have to take you by air!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I think the limit before getting any compensation is a delay of 2 hours or more.

If they got you into the taxi before the 2hrs was up you probably wont be eligible for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have a look here, it should give you all the information you need.

Advertisement