Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum Voucher

Options
  • 26-07-2006 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

I was involved in a thread with Thanx 4 The Fish on the soccer forum regarding a prize I won three months ago which hasn't been sent. The posts, including his replies where he made fun of my mother, have been deleted by the mod but I would like to see them published in full here.

After all, isn't Boards meant to be about free speech? People should be allowed to read them. I used absolutely no vulgarity in them and I can see little reason why they were deleted except to cover his own back.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Sounds about right. Can't see ya getting much satisfaction here though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Akaik, (mods?), Smods and admins can still see deleted posts. I suggest you appeal to one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Lemlin wrote:
    After all, isn't Boards meant to be about free speech?
    No.

Especially with recent events that shall remain nameless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Events that aren't mentioned in any low-brow daily publications.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He has offered a new solution since I went public with the problem. I think the posts should be left out for all to see the way he has acted though.

After all, users can't just delete posts when they want. I don't think the posts belong on the soccer forum but I would like to see them posted here so a record is kept.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Gordon wrote:
    No.

Especially with recent events that shall remain nameless.

McDonalds? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ahah, free speech. Have you contacted the moderator of the forum to sort it out?

It was the moderator who deleted them for no reason at all other than protecting himself, like Fade2Black agreed with. Basically I won a voucher 3 months ago (from the Fantasy Premier League competition) and he has been refusing to send it because he doesn't agree with my opinions on Liverpool football club, the team he supports.

He claimed first the voucher was in Ireland and I'd have to collect it. I said I couldn't yet so he said he'd give it to me when he was home from the UK again. He refused to even tell me when he might be home to get the voucher.

I asked him if the person who had it (he said there was someone I could collect it from) could meet me with it could they not post it to me if I sent them an SAE. He didn't reply and refused to reply for 3 months until someone brought this up on the forum. When I tried bringing it up before, he locked the thread so I couldn't reply so I left it. He is now saying I'd have to go to the UK to get the voucher. I'm getting a bit confused as you can imagine. Isn't this the same voucher that was in Ireland? I also offered tocollect it now because I'm back in Dublin but he has ignored that offer too.

He also tried to accuse me of cheating and didn't even congratulate me for winning the league.

The website I work for, www.irishgamer.ie, recently sponsored the same competition for the World Cup Fantasy League and the winner had the prizes within a week. I won mine at the end of the last Premier League Fantasy competition, which ended almost three months ago.

There was no vulgarity or other reason to delete my recent posts. I'd like people to see posts where a mod made fun of my mother and said he would "shut up" my brother, my cousin and I. As I told him then, a person of his age should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Dont make us search for the thread!

V.

Lemlin wrote:
    It was the moderator who deleted them for no reason at all other than protecting himself, like Fade2Black agreed with.

There was no vulgarity or other reason to delete them.

Yes but have you contacted him regarding the matter via PM?

• Advertisement

Yes, I did. He said that he had offered a solution now and could not see why I wanted the posts put back up.

I want them up so that people can read them. His offer now is to give me the vouchers in September.

He has still refused to answer my question about me sending an SAE to whomever he said I could first collect the voucher from. He even hinted that he may not be back in Ireland in September.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Link to the topic at hand man.

so hes offering you a solution, I don't see whats wrong with that. do you really want him or the admins to bring up your post again, it'll probably only bring more ridicule on yourself. how about you just let it go perhaps?

Thread started - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...1#post51794205

Post the posts from the thread there please. Post the conversation we had before too please.

Here is the correspondance between myself and him since yesterday when he deleted the posts:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    I fail to see what your issue is now, you have a fixed period to get your voucher by. If you do not receive it by then then I can understand why you would raise a thread in feedback but as I see it you have been told what will be occurring, you know when you will have your voucher by and why the delay. Feel free to raise a thread in feedback. I will be more than happy to say exactly that in a thread there. But again as it stands, you invested nothing in this, have been given a clear window for receipt of your prize and have been told that if I do not get their within that timeframe, you will receive the voucher of your choice as per your original request.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemlin
    And who asked for this? I'd like them to be transferred to the feedback forum please. If not, then I shall just be bringing the topic up in feedback again.

And I'll ask again, if I send an SAE to the person in Ireland who could of met, why can't they just post it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    You will have it mid - late Sept. I have been asked to remove the posts from the thread, I have left the request there in soft delete as I know you will not believe me so I can bring it back when you complain.

If I do not get to Ireland to get it by Sept, I will buy you a new one and if that is the case it can be a voucher for wherever you want.

I will let you know once the preparations are completed and I am married.

I will remove you from my ignore list, you can respond if you like or you can wait for me to let you know if I can get this voucher and if I cannot, then offer you the choice.

Your call, TBH if you are not happy with this then there is not much I can do.

jesus christ - sounds like he's being fairly accomodating.

have we had enough of you and your brother's vendetta against T4TF yet?

Ruu wrote:
    so hes offering you a solution, I don't see whats wrong with that. do you really want him or the admins to bring up your post again, it'll probably only bring more ridicule on yourself. how about you just let it go perhaps?

It was deleted to take the ridicule away from him. TBH this is an internet message forum.I'm not really worried about ridicule.

I just want to see the posts put back up like they should be.

He has offered a solution which sees me get the voucher 4 and a half months late. As shown above, he has not even promised that this solution will be carried through.

Is it common practice on Boards to have the winner of a competition first accused of cheating, not sent their prize for months and to then have their family insulted?

If he had given me a proper response months ago this wouldn't be happening.I even asked another mod to talk to him and he got absolutely nowhere with him. I have tried to keep this out of feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

fun of my mother and said he would "shut up" my brother, my cousin
    and I.

Elaborate if ya can. That’s a bit of an accusation. Seems to me he's bein okay about the whole thing

This isn't about his solution TBH. It's about getting the posts put back up REACTOR. Then again, weren't you another fellow user like T4TF who insulted my family and didn't even get a ban?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanx 4 The Fish sounds perfectly reasonable there.
    Perfectly reasonable solution, he is getting married, he is busy and said if it goes out of date he will get you a voucher for anywhere.

Lemlin wrote:
    Then again, weren't you another fellow user like T4TF who insulted my family and didn't even get a ban?

it depends on what your definition of insult is...

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote:
    Elaborate if ya can. That’s a bit of an accusation. Seems to me he's bein okay about the whole thing

That's why I want the posts put back up. His exact post about the voucher was that he'd be happy to get to Ireland and shut up my brother, myself and my cousin once and for all when he met us.

He also made jibes about how my mother did a great job of bringing my brother and I up.

He has had run-ins with my brother in the past but I have asked him to leave my brother out of this voucher debacle. He keeps mentioning my brother though. That said, I want to leave those arguments out of this REACTOR. This is about those posts and the voucher.

In fact, on several occasions, I have asked him to stop bringing up my brother when I am posting or vice versa. He also accused us of being a double account despite plenty of evidence to the contrary which proved we definitely aren't.

I'll ask again, would it be just better off leaving it and getting on with your life? I think you are trying to make it out to something more than it is. TFTF is being fair imo.

Thanx 4 The Fish sounds perfectly reasonable there.
    Perfectly reasonable solution, he is getting married, he is busy and said if it goes out of date he will get you a voucher for anywhere.

Believe me, he was anything but reasonable in the original posts. Why do you think he was asked to take them down?

As I've asked him several times, am I not being accomodating when I offer to send an SAE so the person who has the voucher only has to send it. He refuses to reply, as he did above, whenever I ask that question though. Why? Because he doesn't want to send the voucher.

If he was perfectly reasonable, why is the voucher in Ireland one minute where he can't get to it and then the next he tells me I'd have to get a ferry to the UK to get it. Does that make sense to you?

Ruu wrote:
    I'll ask again, would it be just better off leaving it and getting on with your life? I think you are trying to make it out to something more than it is. TFTF is being fair imo.

All I want is the voucher which I won fair and square and for the posts to be put back up. He is reasonable in the private messages but that is only once he had been told to take his posts down.

Did you ever think he was being so reasonable because he had been asked to take the posts down because of his attitude?

I'm happy to wait now until September. I just want the posts to be put up here. That is all I ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Who is this brother we hear so much about?

V.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    it depends on what your definition of insult is...

Doesn't really matter. I'd just wonder why my family was being brought up by you in a thread on the soccer forum. I wasn't aware any of them had anything to do with the Premier League.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

9 posts here in 40 minutes about a frickin' voucher makes ecksor go something something.

Vexorg wrote:

V.

BigNelly I think.

Lemlin wrote:
    Doesn't really matter. I'd just wonder why my family was being brought up by you in a thread on the soccer forum. I wasn't aware any of them had anything to do with the Premier League.
    its was a humorous joke about you and your brothers constant trolling of Liverpool supporters on the forum. Seeing as how you are related - the family scenario just came to me.

@ecksor LOL - no really - i actually laughed.

• Advertisement

Vexorg wrote:

V.

Big Nelly who has had run-ins with T4TF in the past. I fail to see why he should be refusing to send me the voucher because of that though.

Or even run-ins he had with me. He never ever mentioned about the voucher being in the UK until I won the competition. The voucher had been the prize for 9 months of the entire season at that stage.

Surely he could have mentioned that the winner might have to wait a few months earlier in the year? Or perhaps the voucher magically got to Ireland when I won?

I waited to see if he'd even pm me about it once I had won but he didn't. I had to pm him and didn't even receive congratulations from the mod of a forum I'd just won a prize on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement