Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum Voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

ecksor wrote:
    9 posts here in 40 minutes about a frickin' voucher makes ecksor go something something.

go freaking crazy?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

ecksor wrote:
    9 posts here in 40 minutes about a frickin' voucher makes ecksor go something something.

Try 32 posts now!

I lolled, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Just a quick point on the "shutting up" quote:
    Lemlin wrote:
    said he would "shut up" my brother, my cousin and I. As I told him then, a person of his age should know better.
    Lemlin wrote:
    As for shutting us up, I bet the ladies love it when you type tough on your keyboard. Of course you'd be welcome to call round. You have the address that I asked you to post the voucher to three months ago.

I'm not sure you'd like it though. After we play darts on the dartboard with pics of all the Liverpool squad, we'd have to go clay pigeon shooting (we like to put pics of Anfield on the clays) before feeding our piranhas with minature Liverpool kitted men. You know how the family despise the 'Pool so much ;)

I'm not going to undelete the posts or copy them elsewhere and undelete them as I don't know why they were deleted. It looks as if they were deleted because they were so unbelievably off topic and annoying for the users on the forum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Lemlin wrote:

That link is broken.

Faith wrote:
    Try 32 posts now!

9 posts by Lemlin I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Link broken ... gah!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51788524!

Lemlin, complaining that he didn't congratulate you is really pointless btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iMrk

Thanx 4 The Fish sounds perfectly reasonable there.
    Perfectly reasonable solution, he is getting married, he is busy and said if it goes out of date he will get you a voucher for anywhere.

Indeed T4TF does sound perfectly reasonable here.

Thats if you completly ignore the OP's actual posts on this thread.

If you don't ignore the OP's posts, Lemlin, then he too seems perfectly reasonable.

It would seem reasonable that the op's request to have the original posts restored is quite, well, reasonable. If only on the grounds to provide clarity to his/her claims. Thats seems to be the OP's request? To have them un soft deleted or something?

"Originally Posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    You will have it mid - late Sept. I have been asked to remove the posts from the thread, I have left the request there in soft delete as I know you will not believe me so I can bring it back when you complain."

So was it a reported post? That can be checked? Right? Or how was the request made? It would be easy to prove that fact and then T4TF can relax as it would not be him/her removing posts to save face as suggsted? Perhaps a reasonable soloution?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Gordon wrote:
    Just a quick point on the "shutting up" quote:

I'm not going to undelete the posts or copy them elsewhere and undelete them as I don't know why they were deleted. It looks as if they were deleted because they were so unbelievably off topic and annoying for the users on the forum.

Ah good. Could you restore it all rather than just select parts please. Then this thread can be locked because the posts will have been restored as requested.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    its was a humorous joke about you and your brothers constant trolling of Liverpool supporters on the forum. Seeing as how you are related - the family scenario just came to me.

@ecksor LOL - no really - i actually laughed.

Please find the last post where I even made a negative comment about Liverpool on the forum if I constantly troll then.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    Could you restore it all rather than just select parts please.
    Gordon wrote:
    I'm not going to undelete the posts or copy them elsewhere and undelete them as I don't know why they were deleted.
    But if an Admin wants to, they will.

I have no qualms with T4TF's offer to get me the voucher in mid September. I'm just wondering why he couldn't of told me that three months ago. He wouldn't even give me an estimation back then.

Also, as I've asked, why didn't he ever mention about the voucher being in Ireland away from him for the nine months until I won it?

Also, why did he make very poor attempts to accuse me of cheating? Which I actually highlighted on the deleted posts.

Lemlin wrote:
    Please find the last post where I even made a negative comment about Liverpool on the forum if I constantly troll then.
    Lemlin wrote:
    we play darts on the dartboard with pics of all the Liverpool squad, we'd have to go clay pigeon shooting (we like to put pics of Anfield on the clays) before feeding our piranhas with minature Liverpool kitted men. You know how the family despise the 'Pool so much ;)
    There you go.

Gordon wrote:
    But if an Admin wants to, they will.

Then perhaps you'll delete the post above from me then. Funny how you are willing to pull parts out of it which look bad for me and good for him. A mate is he?

If you're going to recover one part, recover it all please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Lemlin wrote:
    Unforunately the boards search seems to be restricted at the mo.

Gordon wrote:
    There you go.

Yes, and if you pulled my comment out you'll see I said it was sarcasm making fun of me being called a Liverpool troll.

Now, you just said you couldn't undelete it so why are you pulling parts out of it which make me look bad? If you want to pull parts out, pull it all out please.

Otherwise delete the selective quoting that you are using please. Anyone can use selective copy and pasting to argue a corner.

Now, if you and he have nothing to hide, post the whole conversation please.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Unforunately the boards search seems to be restricted at the mo.

But if I'm constantly doing it there must be a recent one.

Wow. This sure is snowballing.

Lemlin wrote:
    Ah good. Could you restore it all rather than just select parts please. Then this thread can be locked because the posts will have been restored as requested.

I've read them and see no need to restore them. They were deleted because they were tedious and OT.

You quoted something negative about them on his thread.

Lemlin wrote:
    Funny how you are willing to pull parts out of it which look bad for me and good for him.
    Funny how you have no problem putting up a pm conversation without asking T4TF if that was cool.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    Then perhaps you'll delete the post above from me then. Funny how you are willing to pull parts out of it which look bad for me and good for him. A mate is he?

If you're going to recover one part, recover it all please.

You have to be the most "reasonable" person ever to grace these boards!

Sir/Madam I salute you.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Wow. This sure is snowballing.

I'm still waiting on an example where I constantly troll about Liverpool. Even if you can't search, I just checked and there are a month worth of topics there. What's the matter if I'm constantly doing it? Can you not find a negative post about Liverpool in the last month's threads.

Surely not though, then that would mean....... that what you said wasn't true.

I suggest you have a look at http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/constantly

Lemlin wrote:
    I'm still waiting on an example where I constantly troll about Liverpool.
    I gave you an example.

Incidentally, Merc, don't think you're being ignored.

Lemlin wrote:
    I'm still waiting on an example where I constantly troll about Liverpool. Even if you can't search, I just checked and there are a month worth of topics there. What's the matter if I'm constantly doing it? Can you not find a negative post about Liverpool in the last month's threads.

So, either there isn't one or he can't find one. QED.

However, CONSTANTLY (I had a read of your 'helpful' link) flogging every tiny little point like that to the extent of 2 posts in 3 minutes about something tangential to the topic is going to make you a target of any moderator. You're certainly annoying me.

Lemlin - before I forget - there's word of a Soccer Forum Beers maybe happening. Would be nice to see you there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054967354

Is Imrk mercury_tilt?:confused:

Gordon wrote:
    There you go.

How about you post the next bit where I said that was sarcasm. Thanks for proving my point though. They call this forum feedback. How about we just call it Moderator Power Buzz?

Anybody brings a complaint and the mods just stick up for each other. Your selectivitis is a prime example of this.

If you wnat to post any more comments from me, how about you post what T4TF said to make me say that?

I have nothing to hide. As I've told him, he can bring up any of our correspondance. If you notice though, I posted the whole conversation so both sides were shown. Now I challenge you to do the same Gordon. Show both sides of the argument.

Lemlin wrote:

Surely not though, then that would mean....... that what you said wasn't true.

I suggest you have a look at http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/constantly
    Lemlin,

We live in a world were you can jump on to a tube train, shoot someone in the head a number of times, and get away with it because they are the police and they protect their own. Bit of rule bending involved...

Now if you think you have even the slightest chance of getting "justice" you are very much mistaken. People do not like losing face here. Gordon for example has dug a little hole that he can't be seen to get out of. You tackled his logic of posting a partial delete (to suit his purpose) and why not a full undelete to put it all in context and all he has left now to save face is to question your posting of a PM? Like there is a rule on it.

You see how this is all going to pan out? ya?

You do seem very reasonable. It is a pity some people can't see that without going in to a certain mode.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

t4tf is being reasonable, far to reasonable,
    and thats hard for me to admit judging by my past "incidents" with t4tf,
    if i were him i would tell you to "go away" but in slightly spicier words,
    Lemlin wrote:
    This isn't about his solution TBH. It's about getting the posts put back up REACTOR. Then again, weren't you another fellow user like T4TF who insulted my family and didn't even get a ban?

you're such a little girl,
    Lemlin wrote:
    He also made jibes about how my mother did a great job of bringing my brother and I up.

he's yet to be proved wrong on that, if it's the truth it isn't really an insult.

oh and you always troll the pool fans,
    your denial is hilarious nobody is arsed searching but we all (yes including you) know its true.

• Advertisement

ecksor wrote:
    So, either there isn't one or he can't find one. QED.

However, CONSTANTLY (I had a read of your 'helpful' link) flogging every tiny little point like that to the extent of 2 posts in 3 minutes about something tangential to the topic is going to make you a target of any moderator. You're certainly annoying me.

All I want is for the posts to be posted. Gordon seems to have no problem posting certain parts which make me look bad. He then points out how I published private messages without permission.

As pointed out, I posted both sides of the argument to make it fair. Not just one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement