Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum Voucher

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iMrk

Is Imrk mercury_tilt?:confused:

:confused:

Are you all on drugs or something? what is mercury_tit?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

mayordenis wrote:
    t4tf is being reasonable, far to reasonable,
    and thats hard for me to admit judging by my past "incidents" with t4tf,
    if i were him i would tell you to "go away" but in slightly spicier words,

you're such a little girl,

he's yet to be proved wrong on that, if it's the truth it isn't really an insult.

oh and you always troll the pool fans,
    your denial is hilarious nobody is arsed searching but we all (yes including you) know its true.

I was being accused of being a Liverpool troll so I stopped posting about them. Can you even remember the last time I posted about Liverpool?

As pointed out, if he was being reasonable why accuse me of cheating, why refuse to even give me an estimate of when I might have it and why not congratulate me on winning the prize? Why didn't he even pm me about winning it, rather than wait for me to pm him? I waited five days just to see and heard nothing from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Lemlin wrote:
    How about you post the next bit where I said that was sarcasm.
    Sure.
    Lemlin wrote:
    I'm not sure you'd like it though. After we play darts on the dartboard with pics of all the Liverpool squad, we'd have to go clay pigeon shooting (we like to put pics of Anfield on the clays) before feeding our piranhas with minature Liverpool kitted men. You know how the family despise the 'Pool so much

Yes, please do publish the full conversation. I don't have a copy so I'd love to read it again. You may care what a soccer internet forum thinks of you but I couldn't really give a flying fook TBH.

While you're at it, perhaps you couldput a bit of effort into actually organising for the voucher I won three months ago to be sent. As mentioned, it would be greatly appreciated and end this whole debacle. Seeing as you're so concerned about having it drag on and all.
    That's the rest of the post you made. Can't quite see the sarcasm reference though.
    Thanks for proving my point though. They call this forum feedback.
    Indeed they do. Therefore this thread is in the wrong place as it isn't feedback.
    How about we just call it Moderator Power Buzz?
    Cool! Sounds like a household implement!
    Anybody brings a complaint and the mods just stick up for each other. Your selectivitis is a prime example of this.
    Just giving a bit more equality to the thread.
    If you wnat to post any more comments from me, how about you post what T4TF said to make me say that?
    I've answered that.
    I have nothing to hide. As I've told him, he can bring up any of our correspondance. If you notice though, I posted the whole conversation so both sides were shown.
    Good man
    Now I challenge you to do the same Gordon. Show both sides of the argument.
    I've answered that a few times now.

Gordon wrote:
    Funny how you have no problem putting up a pm conversation without asking T4TF if that was cool.

As pointed out, I posted both sides of the conversation. I see you are unwilling to do the same.

Now I'm willing to leave this be once the posts are restored. If they are not, I'd like a reason why. That's all I've requested.

I'm happy with T4TF saying he will send it in September. At least 3 months after winning the prize, I have a round about idea of when it might arrive. Its great to see prizewinners treated so well.

Lemlin wrote:
    As pointed out, I posted both sides of the conversation. I see you are unwilling to do the same.

Now I'm willing to leave this be once the posts are restored. If they are not, I'd like a reason why.

I'm happy with T4TF saying he will send it in September. At least 3 months after winning the prize, I have a round about idea of when it might arrive. Its great to see Boards and their mods treat people who win prizes on the site so well.
    Well we're all on powerbuzzade so what do you expect?

• Advertisement

You know full well the price about sarcasm was in the next post by me. You're still doing a great job of emphasising my point and I'm still waiting for you to post both sides of the argument. Please post T4TF's comments and mine.

Lemlin wrote:
    You know full well the price about sarcasm was in the next post by me. You're still doing a great job of emphasising my point and I'm still waiting for you to post both sides of the argument. Please post T4TF's comments and mine.
    I think I've answered that..

Gordon wrote:
    I think I've answered that..

And your answer is...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Lemlin wrote:
    All I want is for the posts to be posted. Gordon seems to have no problem posting certain parts which make me look bad. He then points out how I published private messages without permission.

As pointed out, I posted both sides of the argument to make it fair. Not just one.

You do know I was talking about your rants regarding the "liverpool troll" accusations? Slow down, read more, post less and the signal/noise ratio on the thread might improve.

Lemlin wrote:
    And your answer is...
    Post #42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

iMrk wrote:
    :confused:

Are you all on drugs or something? what is mercury_tit?

mercury_tilt was a good good man, a hero if you like, who wrote great great posts before he was silenced by the not so good bully boys. He always reminded Pighead of Shane from the film eh Shane.

For what its worth Lemlin does seem to be getting treated rather shoddily here. The Fish man obviously hates the Lemons guts and is playing cruel twisted Moderator Mind Games with the poor lad. C'mon Fish give the lad his vouchers.

I'll wait so for a valid reason as to why the posts can't be restored here?

They were off-topic on the soccer forum Ecksor but this topic is all about them so they wouldn't here. Whether you found them tedious is your own opinion. I found they explained my situation quite well and aslo showed how poorly the mod had acted which is why they were deleted.

As for Gordon, thanks for the reply. I'm sure T4TF will give you a nice pat on the back when he next pms you and yas can both be best buds.

Until then though, if there's nothing wrong with the posts, why can't they be restored? You seem to have a strange willingness to quote my posts but not T4TF's. Why is that I wonder?

Could it be that he had provoked me to make those comments or that a comment which you are highlighting as negative was quite clearly sarcasm in the context of the argument. That said, you're not willing to show the argument. I wonder why again? Would it be because it reflects negatively on your fellow mod?

I'll leave people to make up their own minds. I'd like to see the posts so I'll wait and see what T4TF says. If he has nothing to hide, he won't mind putting them up himself.

From the look of things though, it appears to me that you are trying to hide things for him already.

Pighead,

Lemlin is making his complaint in a way that maximises work for the admins in trying to resolve it. He has stated here that he's not complaining about the ticket as such, but rather the deletion of posts. The posts were irritating and off-topic however so deleting them was reasonable IMO (he hasn't responded to my post asserting this earlier). Therefore the matter has been settled as far as I can tell. If he's looking for a compromise then perhaps he can get the posts split out into a different thread, but as things stand I don't see anything to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Sid Deuce

Guten tag!

I was just wondering what this thread was about?

Is it:

A: Undeleting soft deleted posts. (Very high probability)
    B: Justifying deleted posts? (highest probability)
    C: The time scale to receiveing a prize? (Not sure possibly the initial cause)
    D: The moral question of posting PM's? (some kind of wierd illusioist trick)
    E: Insulting lemons mother? (possibly a reason for deletion)
    F: Trolling via insulting Liverpool footie club? (possibly a reason for deletion)

It is all getting very confusing people! Can the posts be un deleted so that everyone can see what is going on? Gordon has done most of it already so it would be no harm in just putting it all into context?

My poor head is melting!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

ecksor wrote:
    Pighead,

READ THE FCUKING THREAD IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE WADING IN WITH YOUR INANE BABBLE.

Sorry buddy, shall do in future. Pigheads off to After Hours to laugh at all the silly people and make himself feel clever again.

Ecksor, if you read the deleted thread, I personally said at the start that they were off-topic and that the mod should move them to Feedback. He did not do this. I then requested that he move them to feedback in the pm but he did not do this again.

Makes ya wonder, is he, like Gordon, trying to hide something from not re-posting the deleted posts here?

I did not even bring the topic up. It was brought up by Cartoon Head who won the WC Fantasy League and received his prizes within a week of winning from me.

I, on the other hand, won mine three months ago and can't even get a reply about it from the mod. As stated, I asked Kdjac to pm him about it and he couldn't get anywhere either. T4TF only replied once the topic was brought up by Cartton Head in the forum.

Pighead wrote:
    Sorry buddy, shall do in future. Pigheads off to After Hours to laugh at all the silly people and make himself feel clever again.

Jaypers, I hope it didn't read like that. I'm tired and slightly cranky but I'm just trying to state facts (which I'm not sure I've gotten a grasp of yet).

Lemlin wrote:
    As for Gordon, thanks for the reply. I'm sure T4TF will give you a nice pat on the back when he next pms you and yas can both be best buds.

Until then though, if there's nothing wrong with the posts, why can't they be restored? You seem to have a strange willingness to quote my posts but not T4TF's. Why is that I wonder?
    Strange you say that I have a willingness to quote your posts when I actually pulled 4 (or 5) paragraphs from one post on two occasions. And I did that to counter your point that T4TFs comment sounded like a threat. At least that's how I saw it.

You can think that T4TF and I pat each other on the back as much as you want, and no amount of my posts to the contrary will make you understand.

I think your question/request has been answered and denied. You can keep asking "why can't they be restored" and you probably won't get another answer again as your question has been answered. Don't ask again where the answer is, it'll make you look silly.

Lemlin wrote:
    Ecksor, if you read the deleted thread, I personally said at the start that they were off-topic and that the mod should move them to Feedback. He did not do this. I then requested that he move them to feedback in the pm but he did not do this again.

Feedback does not seem like a good place for you and T4TF to resolve a personal dispute. Complaints about his moderating however are perfectly on topic. The argument about vouchers looks like a personal dispute to me.
    I, on the other hand, won mine three months ago and can't even get a reply about it from the mod. As stated, I asked Kdjac to pm him about it and he couldn't get anywhere either. T4TF only replied once the topic was brought up by Cartton Head in the forum.

Ok, so this is back to the voucher argument. As far as I can tell the voucher was put up by T4TF as a prize in a boards fantasy football league and you have yet to receive it. I can see why this is cause for dispute, but I'm not sure why you think that I should get involved?

Gordon wrote:
    Strange you say that I have a willingness to quote your posts when I actually pulled 4 (or 5) paragraphs from one post on two occasions. And I did that to counter your point that T4TFs comment sounded like a threat. At least that's how I saw it.

You can think that T4TF and I pat each other on the back as much as you want, and no amount of my posts to the contrary will make you understand.

I think your question/request has been answered and denied. You can keep asking "why can't they be restored" and you probably won't get another answer again as your question has been answered. Don't ask again where the answer is, it'll make you look silly.

As pointed out, the only answer given here is that they were off-topic. They wouldn't be off topic on a topic about them though, would they?

Yes, you pulled paragraphs of mine and took them out of the context of the argument. Yet you just flatly refuse to post both sides because you don't want to. The paragraphs you have pulled have little relevance until you show what T4TF had said to make me post those comments. Would you deny that I was provoked?

As pointed out, if you and the other mods had nothing to hide yas would just restore the posts here. Is it possible that your mod has acted very poorly and now you are trying to cover it up?

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:

It actually does look like you are protecting T4TF. Regardless of what you think you are doing.

Possibly because your answers now actually mean nothing? :confused:

Can you make that post in such a manner that it makes some kind of sense/answer? Did I mention my poor melting head?
    The whole answered/denied thing does not ring true and no one has actually answer or denied? You just kind of said it really.

ecksor wrote:
    Feedback does not seem like a good place for you and T4TF to resolve a personal dispute. Complaints about his moderating however are perfectly on topic. The argument about vouchers looks like a personal dispute to me.

Ok, so this is back to the voucher argument. As far as I can tell the voucher was put up by T4TF as a prize in a boards fantasy football league and you have yet to receive it. I can see why this is cause for dispute, but I'm not sure why you think that I should get involved?

I'm not here about the voucher as pointed out. I'm just trying to give history about why the dispute occured. Move this topic to The Thunderdrome if you please and restore the posts there. I'd just like to see the posts restored so that people can read them, whatever forum it may be on. Is that such an unreasonable request?

Sid Deuce wrote:
    It actually does look like you are protecting T4TF. Regardless of what you think you are doing.

Possibly because your answers now actually mean nothing? :confused:

Can you make that post in such a manner that it makes some kind of sense/answer? Did I mention my poor melting head?
    The whole answered/denied thing does not ring true and no one has actually answer or denied? You just kind of said it really.

Thank you Sid. Perhaps now that someone else has pointed it out he'll start to listen.

Lemlin wrote:
    As pointed out, if you and the other mods had nothing to hide yas would just restore the posts here. Is it possible that your mod has acted very poorly and now you are trying to cover it up?
    Not sure to be honest, I haven't read through all of the posts as it was a thread of off-topic bickering.

I've said this before, I have no objection to the posts being undeleted but I'm not going to do it unless the mod that deleted them has no objections, or obviously if an admin undeletes them. It's not my place to undo a mods modding if I am unsure of their actions at the time and the thread/post needing unmodding isn't detrimental to boards.

Has that cleared it up?

Gordon wrote:
    Not sure to be honest, I haven't read through all of the posts as it was a thread of off-topic bickering.

LOL. You really are taking the biscuit. You haven't read the entire thread yet you manage to pull out certain parts regarding posts I've made here quite easily.

Btw, a moderator is "One that arbitrates or mediates" according to www.dictionary.com. Do you think it is right then for a moderator to goad a user like T4TF did in those posts? Surely a moderator, if that meaning of the word is taken literally, shouldn't be engaging in off-thread bickering but should actually do the opposite and try to discourage it?

Obviously you do believe that it is correct to goad users because you're attempting exactly the same here. Perhaps moderator isn't the right title for ye lads. A change perhaps?

Lemlin wrote:
    Thank you Sid. Perhaps now that someone else has pointed it out he'll start to listen.

You are very welcome lemlin. (Sorry I called you lemon earlier. I have that not reading things right issue. My missus says it's called lazyness)

I have no Idea if you are right or not. justified even.... but I believe you have the right to ask the question you have asked without having some sleaze campaign issued against you. Politics? Which it seems some people are doing. not exor by the way. he seems as reasonable as you. just an observation.

Best of luck getting answers/resoloution! Sid's bed is calling!

Lemlin wrote:
    LOL. You really are taking the biscuit. You haven't read the entire thread yet you manage to pull out certain parts regarding posts I've made here quite easily.
    Yeah, it relates to your suggestion that T4TF had intentions of physical violence, that bit I definitely read. At least that's what I understood by the [paraphrase]"shutting you and your brothers up once and for all"[/paraphrase] quote.

Nice to see you found a dictionary link again.

Lemlin wrote:
    I'm not here about the voucher as pointed out.

Well, you did pick the thread topic and you've digressed to talk about the voucher at length, so confusion is bound to arise.

I'm just trying to give history about why the dispute occured.

I'm still not seeing the relevance of your dispute to the Feedback forum though.
    Move this topic to The Thunderdrome if you please and restore the posts there.

I'm not in the habit of moving Feedback threads to The Thunderdrome, however ...
    I'd just like to see the posts restored so that people can read them, whatever forum it may be on. Is that such an unreasonable request?

As stated there, no, but your specific requests to put them either on the Soccer forum or on this forum did not seem like good ideas. Perhaps they can be split out into the Thunderdrome forum.

Gordon wrote:
    Yeah, it relates to your suggestion that T4TF had intentions of physical violence, that bit I definitely read. At least that's what I understood by the [paraphrase]"shutting you and your brothers up once and for all"[/paraphrase] quote.

Nice to see you found a dictionary link again.

And the attempted goading continues. As pointed out by Sid, perhaps you could act like Ecsor and try moderating the problem at hand rather than attempting to add to it. That is your job title on here after all.

• Advertisement

ecksor wrote:
    Well, you did pick the thread topic and you've digressed to talk about the voucher at length, so confusion is bound to arise.

I'm still not seeing the relevance of your dispute to the Feedback forum though.

I'm not in the habit of moving Feedback threads to The Thunderdrome, however ...

As stated there, no, but your specific requests to put them either on the Soccer forum or on this forum did not seem like good ideas. Perhaps they can be split out into the Thunderdrome forum.

I have no problem where the posts are put so long as they are put back up. Leave this thread here and put the posts in the Thunderdrome if you please. I have no problem whatsoever so long as people can read them.

It is feedback on how the mod has acted. I'd like to know how mods like Gordon and T4TF are called moderators when they goad users like T4TF does in the deleted posts and Gordon is attempting here? Surely it is their job to do the opposite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement