Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum Voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have just spent the last 20 minutes reading this and its no nearer to resolution.

This is my summary of events: T4TF owes Lemlin a voucher for the last couple of months. Lemlin appears to be getting the runaround about it and is now aking for old posts to be dragged up in order to get one up on T4TF. I cant see any other reason why Lemlin has waited till now to raise the issue of these posts.

Its quite clear there are problems between the 2 of them and it should be sorted. Can someone not get in touch with T4TF and ask him to post the f****ing voucher like he should have done a couple of months ago.

And can the smods and/or admins not look into this in a private manner rather than have the thread degenerate into a constant barrage of posts by Lemlin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

muffler wrote:
    I have just spent the last 20 minutes reading this and its no nearer to resolution.

This is my summary of events: T4TF owes Lemlin a voucher for the last couple of months. Lemlin appears to be getting the runaround about it and is now aking for old posts to be dragged up in order to get one up on T4TF. I cant see any other reason why Lemlin has waited till now to raise the issue of these posts.

Its quite clear there are problems between the 2 of them and it should be sorted. Can someone not get in touch with T4TF and ask him to post the f****ing voucher like he should have done a couple of months ago.

And can the smods and/or admins not look into this in a private manner rather than have the thread degenerate into a constant barrage of posts by Lemlin

The posts were deleted last night which is why I am bringing them up now.

I apologise for all my posts but I am quite annoyed over this at this stage. Between not getting the voucher and not having my side of the argument shown correctly by Gordon, it has been very infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You think I'm goading you when I'm explaining to you a perceived threat of physical violence from a mod vs a user? I don't think you're reading some of these posts Lemlin.

Gordon wrote:
    You think I'm goading you when I'm explaining to you a perceived threat of physical violence from a mod vs a user? I don't think you're reading some of these posts Lemlin.

So why make this smart little comment at the end Gordon:
    Nice to see you found a dictionary link again.

Would you deny trying to goad me throughout the entire thread? It's there for all to see. Unless you want to delete your posts like T4TF did. That is how this whole debacle started.

Lemlin wrote:
    im curious now. if these posts were threatening or offensive in any way did anyone else report them or contact any of the cmods about it

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    im curious now. if these posts were threatening or offensive in any way did anyone else report them or contact any of the cmods about it

I asked T4TF in a pm who asked him to take them down and why but he ignored the question.

Lemlin wrote:
    So why make this smart little comment at the end Gordon:
    Because of your smart little comment concerning me 'doing my job' correctly.

Tit for tat, just like that thread you want undeleted. Completely pointless and annoying for everyone else.

I'll apologise to everyone too. Sorry for being a foamy mouthed arse everyone.

Give us a kiss Lemlin
    x

Lemlin wrote:
    Thats odd -- it was Friday night you posted first and then edited it to read last night. Are you asking us now to believe your comments

Gordon wrote:
    Because of your smart little comment concerning me 'doing my job' correctly.

Tit for tat, just like that thread you want undeleted. Completely pointless and annoying for everyone else.

I'll apologise to everyone too. Sorry for being a foamy mouthed arse everyone.

Give us a kiss Lemlin
    x

Ah but am I a mod? Is my job to moderate? Is it my job to lead by example? Have a good think about that.

I'd like if you left this alone now. You've done nothing to resolve it, unlike Ecksor. All you've done is add to the problem. Great moderating there.

And before you reply to my smart arse comment there, have a little think about your job title.

muffler wrote:
    Thats odd -- it was Friday night you posted first and then edited it to read last night. Are you asking us now to believe your comments

I got mixed up. Simple as that. Any mod or user of the soccer forum will tell you that they were on the forum until last night. It was at 01.30 last night when T4TF pmed me and said he had been asked to remove them.

I asked him why and by who. He ignored the question in his reply.

• Advertisement

Right so. Im off to feed the sheep in the north west :D

Lemlin wrote:
    Ah but am I a mod? Is my job to moderate? Is it my job to lead by example? Have a good think about that.

I'd like if you left this alone now. You've done nothing to resolve it, unlike Ecksor. All you've done is add to the problem. Great moderating there.

And before you reply to my smart arse comment there, have a little think about your job title.
    And here you go goading me when I've tried to make peace with you. Thanks.

If you really want me to moderate then I'll moderate as I do on PI.

Please stick to the topic, this thread has been derailed enough, any more off topicness and there'll be bannings.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Can I just say something, I believe ppl really do take things too serious on boards. I have taken a back seat with regard to my use of boards of the past few months, somethings on here go over board. FFS its a bloody voucher, and your treating it like a bloody murder trial for crying out loud.

I think alot ppl fail to realise sometimes this is the Internet and not real life.

Willstev wrote:
    I think alot ppl fail to realise sometimes this is the Internet and not real life.
    When i wake up in the morning I must see if i did really buy anything from ebay :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The details around this are the cause of the dispute. The posts in question go into it in excruciating detail.

I've asked him to be a bit slower and clearer in the complaint, but I'm not inclined to actually prevent him from posting, nor do I think I should. If people wish to have such matters looked at privately, then Feedback isn't the right place to raise such complaints. I think I have written about this elsewhere, I'll try to dig out a copy.

Considering that a perceived lack of transparency is at the heart of this complaint then it would be improper to deal with it in any other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iMrk

Lemlin wrote:

ohhh you probably cut to the bone there my son*!

*No relation

**awh crap...spot the error... :(

It's all very confusing!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

muffler wrote:
    When i wake up in the morning I must see if i did really buy anything from ebay

You know what I mean tho, the way ppl take forums so seriously.

Lemlin wrote:
    I asked T4TF in a pm who asked him to take them down and why but he ignored the question.

The last post that was deleted in that thread is a soccer forum regular suggesting that the argument is off-topic and of no interest to most of the readers and suggesting that it be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

people people people.

calm down.

lemlin is a life time blackburn supporter (well, at least since the won the league by spending lots of money a bit like a chelsea of yesteryear. but i digress)

i think that explains everything really.

Lemlin wrote:

So you get to behave how you want and the mods have to be like angels whenever you antagonise them? I don't buy that. I agree that you've been getting some "unmodlike" comments, but I don't think you're blameless.

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    And here you go goading me when I've tried to make peace with you. Thanks.

If you really want me to moderate then I'll moderate as I do on PI.

Please stick to the topic, this thread has been derailed enough, any more off topicness and there'll be bannings.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

As mentioned, I've asked Ecksor to look after this so your presence isn't particularly needed. After your earlier attitude, I have no wish to see you deal with this. Would you blame me?

Thanks for actually trying act like a moderator at least. Pity I had to highlight your shortcomings for it to happen.

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    people people people.

calm down.

lemlin is a life time blackburn supporter (well, at least since the won the league by spending lots of money a bit like a chelsea of yesteryear. but i digress)

i think that explains everything really.

And yet another prize-winning 'moderator' enters the fray. Strange how they're all so great and moderating....

My biggest complaint Ecksor is that T4TF is a moderator who doesn't moderate. He adds to the problem alot of the time. Much like the two 'moderators' above. My posts with him were a perfect example of that.

Rather than try to deal with the topic privately, like he should of, he chose to goad me and try to get a reaction out of me so he could ban me. That is why I would like to see the posts reinstated somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lemlin wrote:
    I got mixed up. Simple as that. Any mod or user of the soccer forum will tell you that they were on the forum until last night. It was at 01.30 last night when T4TF pmed me and said he had been asked to remove them.

I asked him why and by who. He ignored the question in his reply.

It wasnt me. But i was very tempted to. They were ruining the new fantasy league thread. And considering you are sponsoring the prize i thought you of all people would of preferred the thread to be kept clear of yours and T4TF flirting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lemlin wrote:

Rather than try to deal with the topic privately, like he should of, he chose to goad me and try to get a reaction out of me so he could ban me. That is why I would like to see the posts reinstated somewhere.

eh didnt you orginally post the complaint so everyone could see?

ecksor wrote:
    So you get to behave how you want and the mods have to be like angels whenever you antagonise them? I don't buy that. I agree that you've been getting some "unmodlike" comments, but I don't think you're blameless.

Either do I TBH. But, as pointed out, it's not my job to moderate on here. As I said to T4TF in those deleted posts, a person of his age should know better than to try and antagonise someone over points about their mother.

The mods can ban me if they please. I wouldn't antagonise them if they weren't doing the same to me. Ever since I even asked Gordon a question he has done nothing but goad me. And please have a look at WWM's first post above. How is it seeking to 'moderate' or resolve the issue? Have I goaded him anywhere on this thread before he made those comments which are to antagonise me? His first person and he is making smart comments which are there to annoy me. How does me supporting Blackburn (who I have supported since '93, two years before they won the league) have anything to do with this?

eh didnt you orginally post the complaint so everyone could see?

Cartoon Head posted about it. Then my brother made a comment about it and then T4TF posted. I was the fourth person to post about it. Ecksor can verify this or if he places the posts back online you will see yourself.

3 months ago Kdjac asked publicly if I got my voucher. I replied no that I'd be lucky if it was worth anything by the time I got it with Irish inflation the way it is. T4TF then went on a rant and locked the thread so I couldn't reply. I left it at that until now.

WWM doesn't moderate this forum. Have a read of the "How this forum works" sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Ecksor/Gordon sorry for the hassle this has caused. Gordon, if I ever do meet you or talk to you then remind me to give you that pat on the back.

Ok, lets sort this again, I did not bring your mother into those posts, you did. You rehashed something that was said in a pm months before and made out like I said it in that post despite evidence to the contrary, the posts being key in that.

You complained that I brought your family into this conversation despite your brother big Nelly Kicking it off in the first place after you queitly mentioned n some nature of correspondence to cartoon head that I was an arse for not sending you your prize.

You said that this should have been dealt with in private and that you were not abusive, two more examples of you being incorrect.

As regards moderating, it is not a job, if it was I am sure that people would get paid for it, it is something that people who have an interest in a subject/topic are asked to do to help out.

Now again, you will get your voucher as I mentioned in the PRIVATE message I sent you yesterday, i did not feel embarassed about anything but I had a clearer view at that stage as to when I would be going to Ireland.

Anyway, original pms on the way.

Ecksor/Gordon sorry for the hassle this has caused. Gordon, if I ever do meet you or talk to you then remind me to give you that pat on the back.

Ok, lets sort this again, I did not bring your mother into those posts, you did. You rehashed something that was said in a pm months before and made out like I said it in that post despite evidence to the contrary, the posts being key in that.

You complained that I brought your family into this conversation despite your brother big Nelly Kicking it off in the first place after you queitly mentioned n some nature of correspondence to cartoon head that I was an arse for not sending you your prize.

You said that this should have been dealt with in private and that you were not abusive, two more examples of you being incorrect.

As regards moderating, it is not a job, if it was I am sure that people would get paid for it, it is something that people who have an interest in a subject/topic are asked to do to help out.

Now again, you will get your voucher as I mentioned in the PRIVATE message I sent you yesterday, i did not feel embarassed about anything but I had a clearer view at that stage as to when I would be going to Ireland.

Anyway, original pms on the way.

Good stuff. Please post the full conversation from the other day too. Once that's all done and online for people to read I'll be a happy man.

I'm off to bed now. I'll look forward to reading them in the morning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

How much is this poxy Voucher for anyway...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iMrk

man you got to love lemlins style! he didnt rise to any ones bait.

Fair play lemlin. you're reasonability stands you well. hang on to it.

Roll on the actuall answers!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement