Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum Voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Exactly who gives a bloody monkeys?

Although I suppose its the principle.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I believe it's a voucher for a haircut and blowdry at the Peter Mark's salon of the bearer's choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Lemlin wrote:
    What sort of proof would you like that I do not have multiple accounts? As I said, check my ip addresses that I post from. I cannot think of any other proof that I could give you.

Also, my e-mail address, you will see that there is only one account registered to it: mine.

My name is Pulled.
    My address has been pulled too, despite my giving permission for you to publish all of the PMS I sent.

I would appreciate it if you could send me the voucher asap.

Thanks for congratulating me on winning the league btw ;)
    Lemlin wrote:
    Hello there,

I'm just wondering how I can collect my €50 voucher. Also, is there any chance I could get it for Play.com instead of Amazon?

No you cannot have it for play. I have a card which I will have to post you. There is some kinda validation whcih credits your account. I will need your name, address and some nature of proof that you do not have a number of accounts on boards as obviously if you did it would be considered cheating.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Thanx
    Lemlin wrote:
    Back to me and him being Clark Kent again? I should have known you'd drag your heels when it was me who won.

Like I said, look into anything you please. I didn't cheat and I know that. Look and where my brother posts from today or this week. Look at the ips, he's in Barcelona with work, I'm in Sligo, they should be significantly different.

I posted as him because I went on Boards, never checked who was logged on and posted by mistake. Also, if you log at the leagues I'm in, you'll see I'm in The Saturday game with him and friends. Users such as Jammer and Kaiser know the two of us and you can pm them if you like.

Now, could you please stop being a sad little man and post the voucher which I have won, fair and square. Either that or I can bring up on the soccer forum how I won an award on Boards to be told "I'll post it when I get around to it".

I will send you the voucher when I get around it. In the meantime can you please explain how you posted as your brother.

Thanks,

M
    Lemlin wrote:
    No, what you are doing is acting like a petty child, holding back the voucher because you have a problem with me.

Well feel free to go right ahead and conduct your investigation. You know quite well me and my brother are not a double user and I have presented more than enough evidence.

It makes me laugh to see how much me beating you is actually getting to you. Anyway, I can wait on the voucher. Do whatever investigations you please. It still won't change the fact that I beat you, fair and square.

Seeing a grown man act like a petty loser is far more valuable than any €50 voucher.
    Feel free to bring up what you like. Calling me things like a sad little man will not get you your voucher any quicker. I asked a simple question and you decided to abuse me. As for winning fair and square, that is what I am trying to determine.

You really should learn that being abusive just for the sake of it will get you nowhere.

If you would prefer to collect your voucher you can ? That way you can be absolutely sure it would be in a timeframe that suits you and would put an end to your complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iMrk

ecksor wrote:
    I believe it's a voucher for a haircut and blowdry at the Peter Mark's salon of the bearer's choice.

I can see why he is upset.

Lemlin wrote:
    No, what you are doing is acting like a petty child, holding back the voucher because you have a problem with me.

Well feel free to go right ahead and conduct your investigation. You know quite well me and my brother are not a double user and I have presented more than enough evidence.

It makes me laugh to see how much me beating you is actually getting to you. Anyway, I can wait on the voucher. Do whatever investigations you please. It still won't change the fact that I beat you, fair and square.

Seeing a grown man act like a petty loser is far more valuable than any €50 voucher.
    Feel free to bring up what you like. Calling me things like a sad little man will not get you your voucher any quicker. I asked a simple question and you decided to abuse me. As for winning fair and square, that is what I am trying to determine.

You really should learn that being abusive just for the sake of it will get you nowhere.

If you would prefer to collect your voucher you can ? That way you can be absolutely sure it would be in a timeframe that suits you and would put an end to your complaints.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Good for you. I'm glad to have peaked your interest. As I said, check the ips now. Also, check the league The Saturday Game and you will see a league with our friends.

As I also told you, pm various people and they will tell you about knowing us.

Now, I'll leave you to act like a petty child and look forward to a pm telling me when my voucher is on its way.

nb (oh my god, me and my brother have the same initials too, its an X-Files type conspiracy of some sort ;))

Was it you who said the money did not matter it was the winning ? As I said already, if you wish to organise to pick up the voucher you can feel free. I will be available most days next week, as for you beating me, I coudn't be arsed TBH and if you think that I care where you came in the competition then you are truly deluded. The amazon voucher in question is in my home, I will not be able to get my hands on it for a while. Your attitude however does not really motivate me to go out of my way to get same on your behalf.

I assume that since you think I am a petty loser you however do not want the voucher at this stage. You have said that that is much more rewarding than the voucher and that you never really wanted the money anyway, was all about the winning. Should I give it to the second placed player, or are you going to change your tack once again and have a whinge about things that are really out of your sphere of influence ?

I assume you read the crap that you type before you type it. You say you can wait for the voucher and in the next paragraph you say that you do not want it. I am sure you can understand the confusion.

I eagerly await your next well thought out :rolleyes: and offensive tirade, perhaps some expletives next time to get across the full extent of your rage re the wrongdoing that you have suffered.

And for the record, I do not have a problem with you, I have a problem with three accounts that all post from the same surname and seem to hold very similar views, backing each other up within minutes of the posts and just generally acting fishy (like that one). And that when one of you logs on to a computer as the other the post that is replaced comes from a different IP than the other one. Things like that pique my interest..
    Lemlin wrote:
    I am in the middle of exams and AFAIK you live in the UK. Therefore I will wait on it to be posted.

Suppose I'm thick enough to finish a few hundred points ahead of you Mr Expert. Guess you didn't manage to 'find me out' as you put it this time.

Do you purposely avoid stright out questions or are you just thick. If you want the voucher quickly, come and get it. I am available all next week so you can pick it up any time.

• Advertisement

At this stage it seems T4Tf is wholey justified in his response. Just my opinion but undeleting the threads would probably make it signed and sealed.

Lemlion! No need for such attitude.

Can I have the voucher? My hair is in a sorry state!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

iMrk wrote:
    I can see why he is upset.

Grincho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Willstev wrote:
    Can I just say something, I believe ppl really do take things too serious on boards. I have taken a back seat with regard to my use of boards of the past few months, somethings on here go over board. FFS its a bloody voucher, and your treating it like a bloody murder trial for crying out loud.

I think alot ppl fail to realise sometimes this is the Internet and not real life.

Exactly. If they are behaving like this on the internet imagine living with them:eek: Everyone needs to relax. I cant remember ever saying "I feel like a good intense argument with someobe, Im going to go on boards.ie" but thats all boards is becoming and its bloody annoying for everyone who isnt interested in petty comments.

Put his tickets in the post. On your way to the postbox, breathe deeply. The fresh air of the real world might do you good.

ecksor wrote:
    Grincho?

Lets pretend I know noooooothiing.

As for that post..... I know nooooothing....

but really :) you on the crazy drugs?

And the last few, I assume that permission is not required to post these, you did say yest that it was ok to post your pms.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Thread started - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...1#post51794205

Post the posts from the thread there please. Post the conversation we had before too please.

I fail to see what your issue is now, you have a fixed period to get your voucher by. If you do not receive it by then then I can understand why you would raise a thread in feedback but as I see it you have been told what will be occurring, you know when you will have your voucher by and why the delay. Feel free to raise a thread in feedback. I will be more than happy to say exactly that in a thread there. But again as it stands, you invested nothing in this, have been given a clear window for receipt of your prize and have been told that if I do not get their within that timeframe, you will receive the voucher of your choice as per your original request.
    Lemlin wrote:
    And who asked for this? I'd like them to be transferred to the feedback forum please. If not, then I shall just be bringing the topic up in feedback again.

And I'll ask again, if I send an SAE to the person in Ireland who could of met, why can't they just post it?

You will have it mid - late Sept. I have been asked to remove the posts from the thread, I have left the request there in soft delete as I know you will not believe me so I can bring it back when you complain.

If I do not get to Ireland to get it by Sept, I will buy you a new one and if that is the case it can be a voucher for wherever you want.

I will let you know once the preparations are completed and I am married.

I will remove you from my ignore list, you can respond if you like or you can wait for me to let you know if I can get this voucher and if I cannot, then offer you the choice.

Your call, TBH if you are not happy with this then there is not much I can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

InFront wrote:
    Exactly. If they are behaving like this on the internet imagine living with them:eek: Everyone needs to relax. I cant remember ever saying "I feel like a good intense argument with someobe, Im going to go on boards.ie" but thats all boards is becoming and its bloody annoying for everyone who isnt interested in petty comments.

Put his tickets in the post. On your way to the postbox, breathe deeply. The fresh air of the real world might do you good.
    It really guiles me. Next Lemlin will take this to the supreme court.

Seemingly TH4F has done his job well, and not many ppl whom have which have posted in this thread disagree. The man has a hard time moderating soccer forum , but TH4F and his fellow mods have always done a bang up job. Its sad to see such threads crop up.

Willstev wrote:
    It really guiles me. Next Lemlin will take this to the supreme court.

Seemingly TH4F has done his job well, and not many ppl whom have which have posted in this thread disagree. The man has a hard time moderating soccer forum , but TH4F and his fellow mods have always done a bang up job. Its sad to see such threads crop up.

Lemlin was more than allowed to bring up his issues. What clouded it was people who formed answers without facts.

if people had of held back rather that offering a defense for some one, things might have panned out different. but hey... every one has some thing to say.

I for one would like to say Sardinia is great.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

ecksor wrote:

I read that different the first time and it all made sense for a sec.The I released you said blowdry and not something else,now I am back to wondering what all the fuss is about.

Again, on those posts, your brother brought your family into it, you brought your mother into it and I did not threaten you with violence, in fact I invited you around for tea.

The difference between the prizes you gave out and the prizes that KDJAC and I will be giving out is that your prizes are given to you free of charge and allow you to pimp the website you work for, on boards, for free by sponsoring a competition or two, you cannot afford not to give a prize or your company would look not come out of it too, well, whereas the vouchers that KDJAC and I donated are ours, not some corporate freeby.

I do not care what you think of me to be honest, it is unfortunate that I have not been able to send you the voucher in a more timely manner and I will admit that the way you went about those pms of yours may have been a contributor to my procrastinating on getting the voucher to you but as I have not been to Ireland in quite some time to even see my family, do you really think that somebody treating me like you have in your pms will encourage me to get over there and get something for you ?

And iMrk, it does seem to be the case, everybody does have something to say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

OH MY ****ING GOD, WOULD ALL OF YOU PLEASE SHUT UP?!

note to self: stop reading feedback with a hangover. jesus....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Great thread, loved it all. By the 100 post I was enthralled. Downpoints was the return of Tilt with his tediously boring posting style, but the indignation from the OP more than made up for it.

I rate it 8 of 10.

MCD suck btw.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

amp wrote:
    MCD suck btw.

You cant say that,Tom will spank you when he gets back from the little tournament he is at.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Dub13 wrote:
    You cant say that,Tom will spank you when he gets back from the little tournament he is at.:p

Are you questioning my democratic right to freedom of speech here on boards.ie? If I think Monkeys Can't Dance suck then I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SAY THAT THEY SUCK!

Say it with me people:

MCD SUCK ASS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Jebus.
    1. If you run a competition and somebody wins it, get your finger out of your ass and send them the goddamned prize. Then we wouldn't have an umpteen-page thread on the feedback forum about a million and one unrelated bitchslapping issues that's actually been prompted by the fact that it's taken three months for someone to get their prize.
    2. The Post Office is often your friend in these things. Unless this voucher involves heretofore unseen cybersecurity requirements, or is the size of a small donkey, or has a requirement that it be presented in the teeth of said small donkey, "I'll get around to it" is actually a rather poor way to conduct a prize giving.
    3. If you don't believe the prizewinner participated fairly in the competition, they should never have been announced as the prizewinner in the first place.
    4. You can't ask a user to 'prove' they don't have multiple accounts on boards.ie. If you suspect a user has multiple accounts you should be asking one of the SMods to do an IP check against the suspect usernames.
    5. Don't run a competition if you're going to faff about with the prize. There are legal requirements in Ireland regarding running publicly-advertised competitions that have prizes with a monetary value (as opposed to a big fat gold star). Either set up a list of relevant Ts&Cs relating to your competition and announcing that the judge's decision is final and any correspondence will not be entered into or don't run the competition in the first place.
    6. For the love of God would you take the OP's address off this thread?

It really doesn't matter if Lemlin is a likely candidate for the Olympic International Cock-knob Championships. He's obviously not going to win any popularity contests by starting a brain-fryingly pedantic 'he said then she said' thread on the feedback forum. There is no god-given reason to reopen the can of worms represented by the deleted posts, and moving them to Thunderdome would be pointless unless you're actually on your summer holidays and truly have nothing else to do with your lives.

But whether or not Lemlin invested anything in the competition is irrelevant - unless you can prove there's an element of skill involved in winning a competition, I believe it's illegal to require someone to invest anything other then their time in a competition. This is the problem though. There are regulations around running competitions.

Either he won it fair and square, or you suspected that he cheated from the outset, in which case you should've got one of the SMods involved to confirm an IP check. Or better still - gold stars next time, not prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Again, on those posts, your brother brought your family into it, you brought your mother into it and I did not threaten you with violence, in fact I invited you around for tea.

The difference between the prizes you gave out and the prizes that KDJAC and I will be giving out is that your prizes are given to you free of charge and allow you to pimp the website you work for, on boards, for free by sponsoring a competition or two, you cannot afford not to give a prize or your company would look not come out of it too, well, whereas the vouchers that KDJAC and I donated are ours, not some corporate freeby.

I do not care what you think of me to be honest, it is unfortunate that I have not been able to send you the voucher in a more timely manner and I will admit that the way you went about those pms of yours may have been a contributor to my procrastinating on getting the voucher to you but as I have not been to Ireland in quite some time to even see my family, do you really think that somebody treating me like you have in your pms will encourage me to get over there and get something for you ?

And iMrk, it does seem to be the case, everybody does have something to say ;)

Now, you've posted one half of the debacle. Where are the posts from the other day? I'd like to see those on here too and then this will be settled. You won't hear any more complaining from me once those are up.

Also, was it not you who mentioned how my mother done a great job of bringing me and my brother up in the original pms? Funny how I can't find it there now. You wouldn't happen to have left some parts out or deleted some would you? Are you denying that you said that in the original pms? You didn't deny saying it in the forum the other day which is why I'd like to see the posts put up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

MAJD for Smod

Jebus.
    1. If you run a competition and somebody wins it, get your finger out of your ass and send them the goddamned prize. Then we wouldn't have an umpteen-page thread on the feedback forum about a million and one unrelated bitchslapping issues that's actually been prompted by the fact that it's taken three months for someone to get their prize.
    2. The Post Office is often your friend in these things. Unless this voucher involves heretofore unseen cybersecurity requirements, or is the size of a small donkey, or has a requirement that it be presented in the teeth of said small donkey, "I'll get around to it" is actually a rather poor way to conduct a prize giving.
    3. If you don't believe the prizewinner participated fairly in the competition, they should never have been announced as the prizewinner in the first place.
    4. You can't ask a user to 'prove' they don't have multiple accounts on boards.ie. If you suspect a user has multiple accounts you should be asking one of the SMods to do an IP check against the suspect usernames.
    5. Don't run a competition if you're going to faff about with the prize. There are legal requirements in Ireland regarding running publicly-advertised competitions that have prizes with a monetary value (as opposed to a big fat gold star). Either set up a list of relevant Ts&Cs relating to your competition and announcing that the judge's decision is final and any correspondence will not be entered into or don't run the competition in the first place.

You are correct MAJD, he should have the voucher, it seems that your reading skills don't match your creative writing skills though.
      The voucher is in Ireland, I am in England, I have not been in Ireland since the prize has been won, or for that matter since the comp was announced but expected to be. Since I have not been Lemlin has not received his prize.
    1. The post office may well be my friend but unless they have launched a new break into your house, root around in cupboards and wardrobes and post the findings to somebody service since I have left the country then they are little or no use to me.
    2. The prizewinner was never announced as the prizewinner.
    3. I think you will find that I can ask a user if they have multiple accounts on boards, I did it so I know, again this may be down to some reading deficiency but it is right there in the thread, I know that it is not the first time he was asked if he had multiple accounts either as Ecksor has asked him before as a result of a thread that somebody raised on the mod forum. If you mean I should not ask them, well perhaps not but I asked for an explanation, he gave me one, I was happy with it and he will get the rewards for his hard work.
    4. Again, I did not expect to have to pfaff around with the prize, i expected to have been able to visit Ireland at some stage and pick up the prize, I have not had the opportunity which has lead to the pfaffing that you speak of. I am not in Ireland, I am not sure what the legal requirements are but if I was in Ireland then this would not have occurred in the first place as I would have the voucher in my posession being in the same country as said voucher.
    5. I asked permission from Lemlin to post these pms and he gave it to me, he has not complained that his address is there and believe me, if he had a problem with it he would have kicked off by now. If/when he does I will gladly remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Jebus.

That's the crux of the issue right there. In Lemlin's defence this thread is really a result of the pent up frustration he must have felt in the cack handed manner in which the prize giving has been handled.

Having read the thread on Soccer the other day, from which Lemlin wants posts restored, I have to admit at raising an eyebrow at one or two of the things T4TF said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Address

What the **** do you think you are at posting an address on here? Edit that out of the document straight away you stupid clown!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

If I may, upon reflection I'd like to give a summary of Lemlin's points:

LOOK AT ME!!! I held a competition and gave the prize away really quickly - T4TF is really **** and he's being mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

T4TF wrote:
    The voucher is in Ireland, I am in England, I have not been in Ireland since the prize has been won
    Then why are you offering it as a prize in a competition?

Why have you posted his name and address on a public forum?

Bad form IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Based on his actions to date I can only hope and pray that T4TF never gets to organise something like the FA cup. That would be fun, the winners running round looking for it 3 months after they win.

BTW Posting up Lemlins address was bang out of order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It's been a long time since I read a thread this long all the way through. Most entertaining :D

Lemlin has a reasonable gripe. He should have had his prize by now, reasons for the delay notwithstanding. However, his approach has been crude.

Thanx4 has attempted to reconcile the situation, but also in a heavy handed manner.

All that is/was required is a little maturity on both sides, some reasonability and the thread wouldn't be here.

Minesajack comes across as the only Mod minded Mod here, others have chimed in with useless comments that only served to wind up the OP. And, yes, I am aware they don't moderate here, but it surely behooves them to act in a manner appropriate to their rank (for want of a better word).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You are correct MAJD, he should have the voucher, it seems that your reading skills don't match your creative writing skills though.
      The voucher is in Ireland, I am in England, I have not been in Ireland since the prize has been won, or for that matter since the comp was announced but expected to be. Since I have not been Lemlin has not received his prize.
    1. The post office may well be my friend but unless they have launched a new break into your house, root around in cupboards and wardrobes and post the findings to somebody service since I have left the country then they are little or no use to me.
    2. The prizewinner was never announced as the prizewinner.
    3. I think you will find that I can ask a user if they have multiple accounts on boards, I did it so I know, again this may be down to some reading deficiency but it is right there in the thread, I know that it is not the first time he was asked if he had multiple accounts either as Ecksor has asked him before as a result of a thread that somebody raised on the mod forum. If you mean I should not ask them, well perhaps not but I asked for an explanation, he gave me one, I was happy with it and he will get the rewards for his hard work.
    4. Again, I did not expect to have to pfaff around with the prize, i expected to have been able to visit Ireland at some stage and pick up the prize, I have not had the opportunity which has lead to the pfaffing that you speak of. I am not in Ireland, I am not sure what the legal requirements are but if I was in Ireland then this would not have occurred in the first place as I would have the voucher in my posession being in the same country as said voucher.
    5. I asked permission from Lemlin to post these pms and he gave it to me, he has not complained that his address is there and believe me, if he had a problem with it he would have kicked off by now. If/when he does I will gladly remove it.

The fact that you're not in the same location as a prize you offered isn't Lemlin's problem. If you're going to offer a prize, put your money where your mouth is and deliver when it's won. Or just don't run competitions.

If it isn't won, and it hasn't been announced that Lemlin is the winner, why haven't you said "you've not won it" straight out, to Lemlin? Or posted on here saying "There hasn't been a final decision on this yet"?

You can ask a user if they have multiple accounts till it comes out your ears. If they keep saying 'no', what are you going to do about that? Not much? It's a moot point. You could go around in circles on that forever.

And you should take his address off the forum purely because it's not appropriate to post someone's address online, whether or not they haven't ranted about it. You can be damn sure he'll start ranting if someone uses his address for something untoward. (I'm not about to post a bunch of ideas of how it could be used.)

I know you don't get paid to be mod. I know you have a life. I know there are things outside this forum that are keeping you busy. (And it's proper that there are.) I hear that you're not in the same country as the voucher you offered as a prize.

But none of that is relevant when you've started a competition and offered something as a prize that you cannot deliver.

Just don't do it - committing to anything like that just makes your life difficult when shit happens and, for the reasons you mentioned, you can't give out what you said you would. If any mod on any forum had done the same you could be damn sure they'd be getting a hammering on feedback as well.

The only saving grace you have at the moment is that Lemlin is such a finicky nitpicking ranter that he's generating impatience and irritation rather than empathy. If he was a well-respected poster you'd be getting it from all sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Can someone with a brain edit out Lemlins address straight away from T4TF post. This is not on to include a name and personal address on an internet forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement