Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum Voucher

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jebubs

Remember that God loves all his children.

Be well
    J.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This shouldn't degenerate into a thread bashing the soccer forum mods, who do a very, very good job in the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

This shouldn't degenerate into a thread bashing the soccer forum mods, who do a very, very good job in the circumstances.

...that may be 182 posts too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

. Now there is a new mod who is not a supporter of any team as far as I can tell but I am sure that as soon as somebody get's banned they will be biased against somebody.

Nottm Forest since 1981 :)

Now if only we can find a Notts County fan for me to victimise......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

this is all very silly . .

i mean nottm forest . . . psh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Steveire wrote:
    Was it twice or three times that ecksor said he'd undelete the posts and put them in another thread. Why didn't OP pick up on that and say yes. Maybe he did and I didn't notice.

I didn't say that. I think I asked if he'd be happy with that or I suggested that it might be a possible compromise. I certainly didn't say I was going to do it because I hadn't made up my mind at any point last night.

However, as far as I know this has happened, so I'll lock this thread later this evening unless something else crops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ecksor wrote:
    I didn't say that. I think I asked if he'd be happy with that or I suggested that it might be a possible compromise. I certainly didn't say I was going to do it because I hadn't made up my mind at any point last night.

However, as far as I know this has happened, so I'll lock this thread later this evening unless something else crops up.

I would like the deleted posts to be put up please. Then I'll be more than happy to see the thread locked.

I cannot see why the mods seem to have such an issue with posting the deleted posts unless they were taken down because it reflected badly on the site.

IMO, this whole thread reflectly badly on the site. Moderators aren't exactly doing what I'd call moderating. The way T4TF has acted reflects this. Putting someone's address up on an internet website is just downright wrong, and childish to boot. Yet this is the way we are seeing a grown man who should know better act.

I also pointed that out on the deleted posts which I would like to see reinstated. Then I'll be happy to leave this thread alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Lemlin wrote:
    IMO, this whole thread reflectly badly on the site.

I agree. It is a bad reflection. It would be ok, if say boards.ie decided to plagiarise game reviews from a well known magazine and pass them off as their own, and oops how did my name get attached to that - it was this other guy I swear.

But no, this thread is a really bad reflection on the site.

Lemlin wrote:
    I would like the deleted posts to be put up please. Then I'll be more than happy to see the thread locked.

As I said (like I suggested before, please read what you're responding to) as far as I know this has been done.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054967815
    I cannot see why the mods seem to have such an issue with posting the deleted posts unless they were taken down because it reflected badly on the site.

As I said, I'm satisfied that they were taken down because they were disruptive and off-topic where they were.
    IMO, this whole thread reflectly badly on the site. Moderators aren't exactly doing what I'd call moderating.

You have no expectation of satisfaction in terms of moderation from anyone except the admins on this forum. If you have a problem with my moderation on this thread, then please give specifics. Moderators of other forums are users here so that everyone can air their complaints on a level playing field. Re-read the Charter like I suggested last night if this is unclear.
    The way T4TF has acted reflects this. Putting someone's address up on an internet website is just downright wrong, and childish to boot. Yet this is the way we are seeing a grown man who should know better act.

Yesterday you were continually berating Gordon for selectively editing. Now you're berating T4TF for not selectively editing. I accept that some judgement may have been prudent in the second instance, but you must also accept that your habit of picking up on every perceived slight might make someone inclined to take you very literally.
    I also pointed that out on the deleted posts which I would like to see reinstated. Then I'll be happy to leave this thread alone.

See above and previous post by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iMrk

Are we there yet?

I need to pee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 x w62CE t4<D@C

Another typical example of moderator and admin abuse on Boards.ie.

Not really.

Just a load of people spouting sh1te tbh. Hindering a process.

Such is life though.

MCD are bad people and stuff.

what's with this guy and '...' ??

Been Quoted?

It happens.

Phone FBD. There are there when you need them.

iMrk wrote:
    Been Quoted?

It happens.

Phone FBD. There are there when you need them.
    no the 3 dots is his thing. some sort of boards anomaly methinks - notice no 'last edited' schpiel at the end of his post.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    no the 3 dots is his thing. some sort of boards anomaly methinks - notice no 'lasy edited' schpiel at the end of his post.

There is a short window for editing post that does not show "edited" 2, 3,maybe 5 minutes?

You have been here since 2003? how can you not know that?

I edited mine twice , above, for examplee...eee... ohhh e's!

{edit test}

[edit test2]

iMrk wrote:

{edit test}

[edit test2]

Possibly 2 mins...

I was going to use a stop watch facility on my mobile! but I couldn't be arsed.

iMrk wrote:
    Possibly 2 mins...

I was going to use a stop watch facility on my mobile! but I couldn't be arsed.
    i can't find his old posts cause the search is disabled - but trust me, there's weirdness afoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm afraid I disagree. After waiting patiently the obligatory two months to be allowed join I was promptly banned after making a total of one post and starting one new thread. The thread was merely about great goal celebrations and nothing that could be deemed derogatory.

I have asked for both a reason why I was banned and a date for my return to the forums and neither has received a response. Power trip going to the head I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

True but in this case somebody actually raised the issue with me and I took it forward as opposed to being completely wrong off of my own bat in your case. ;)

You'll have to explain that one to me,
    And as for the more, or less equal thing on the soccer forum, there are three mods there, four now although Talla is away for a while. There is a LOI and general football fan, who has banned people and been accused of bias, there is a liverpool fan who has perm banned only one person who was a liverpool fan and banned many others is accused of bias, Talla is I believe a man u fan who banned people and was accused of bias by the people that he banned (a Man U fan as I recall). Now there is a new mod who is not a supporter of any team as far as I can tell but I am sure that as soon as somebody get's banned they will be biased against somebody. When Gandalf was there he was accused of being biased whenever he banned somebody and the same for Vagga although he was not so much about the bannings.

I am not sure what needs to be done to change your belief and while I should care, this little storm in a teacup has drained me for the moment. I think the appointment of a good non footy type mod (which was a temporary appointment but one that I am liking more and more) will make things a bit better for you but I guess we will just have to wait and see whether they want to stick it out as another pair of hands will certainly be appreciated.

I didn't accuse anyone of club bias. I said certain users are treated differently than others on soccer and I supported that POV citing not recording of certain users bans while recording others and the reluctance to correct it when it was brought to your attention via PM. You admitted earlier in this thread that if someone other than Lemlin had won the voucher you would have made more effort to get it to them already. Is that not another instance of your bias towards him.

We're all human and I understand personalities and history are at play here, but Mods should be seen to be impartial and treat all users equally, I appreciate that can be particulaly difficult in soccer but given the tribal nature of being a soccer supporter it is all the more importanat there.

For the record I don't believeyou are biased towards any group of supporters but I do believe you have issues with a small number of users which can cloud your judgement, The delay in honouring your pledge of the prize to lemlin is one example of this.

• Advertisement

Xavi06 wrote:
    I'm afraid I disagree. After waiting patiently the obligatory two months to be allowed join I was promptly banned after making a total of one post and starting one new thread. The thread was merely about great goal celebrations and nothing that could be deemed derogatory.

Er, I don't frequent the Soccer forum but even I can see what rule you broke in your first post. Your FIRST post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054961903

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

nothing that could be deemed derogatory
    *cough* scum *cough*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

so whos up for letting me back in the soccer forum then?

The deleted posts are available at the above link. That's enough for me. The thread can be locked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A link to the front page? Huzza!
    EDIT: that's better.

A link to the front page? Huzza!

Check it now.

The location of the posts was already posted here. I'm awfully suspicious that you're not reading this thread as much are you're posting to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Now that i have read the posts that lemlin wanted pulled up again it has only reinforced my view that T4TF was giving him the runaround. I would have expected something like that from a particular telephone service provider but that is really childish.

As I said before there are problems between the 2 of them and while T4TF has a hard enough job in moding the soccer forum he should do the honourable thing and post the voucher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 x w62CE t4<D@C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Lemlin wrote:

The deleted posts are available at the above link. That's enough for me. The thread can be locked.

Why yes it can. It could also be left open. After all we've yet to discuss MCD's involvment in this UTTER SCANDAL!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement