Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Pizza ad

Options
  • 26-07-2006 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear the apache pizza ad on radio? so annoying, i listen to a lot of radio and hear it several times a day in my earphones and it drives me mad, i will deliberately never order a pizza from apache pizza again for such a annoying unoriginal ad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nice pizzas tho.

Good way of screening your eating habits :confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

anyone see the blimP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

KdjaC wrote:
    Nice pizzas tho.
    Er, no. It's a current issue of contention amoung myself and co-workers whether Apache or Godfathers is the worst makers of pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Pizza hut For The win!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Pizza hut For The win!!!

Mizzoni's Is King

Apache is nice enough, but the ad is annoying

• Advertisement

Pizza hut For The win!!!
    Seconded. But Four Star are the best 'chain' IMHO.

However...I live in a small town in Meath which has a the best take-away pizzaria in the known universe, and I've lived in Italy. It's run by two Neopoltian brothers. Bascially, it's the type of place God would call if he had the munchies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Godfathers have the nicest pizzas in the history of the world. FACT.

I agree on the Apache ad. Who makes that sh1t? Still its got us talking about them though hasnt it.

Personally I think the worst ad or radio or TV is the Sheila's Wheels ad on some of those satellite channels. FFS i literally have to change the channel, but by then its stuck in my head, bastards. Damn Sheila and her sexist insurance and provocatively dressed dancers, damn her anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

iFight wrote:
    Mizzoni's Is King

Apache is nice enough, but the ad is annoying

Mizzoni is good when your skint or have loads of mates round the 20" id great but the quality is crap

Dominos or Godfathers FTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

christ dont start me on this ****ing ad. im starting to think there's some kind of covert gov program going on to see how annoying an add can be before someone actually hunts down the creator and blows him away. along with bombing the concern involved and slaughtering all the boad of directors who gave the campaign the go ahead.

i know i know some psych graduate somewhere is going " but the add worked, you know about the product" . no it didnt! i will never buy this product now because it annoyed the ****ing hell out of me. i resent it and will activley disuade my mates from buying it too. there was another add similar in annoyance a few months back, mercifully i cant (or subconsiously wont) remember what it was about but this sort of thing is on the up. its up to us to make sure they dont profit from it. boycott the *****!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I don't think that I've heard this ad.. but seriously can it be worse that supermacs ads with the vikings? Oh god...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

InFront wrote:

the man speaks the truth!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mizzoni is good when your skint or have loads of mates round the 20" id great but the quality is crap

You share ?

Ultimate pizza is Super Delux Wagon Wheel WITH chilli flakes and chilli beef and Jalpenos and traditional irish toppings.

Whoever doesnt eat theirs pays and its usually 100 quid most friday nights......i only paid once in 6 months :(

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

KdjaC wrote:
    You share ?

Ultimate pizza is Super Delux Wagon Wheel WITH chilli flakes and chilli beef and Jalpenos and traditional irish toppings.

Whoever doesnt eat theirs pays and its usually 100 quid most friday nights......i only paid once in 6 months :(

kdjac

Ahh a pizza with pudding and sausages classic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Worst best radio ads

A few more gems in there.

anyone see the blimP

yep wasnt impressed more of a distraction really!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

InFront wrote:

you don't know what you are talking about. they're horrible doughy things.

steps of rome (just off grafton street) have the best pizzas going.

you don't know what you are talking about. they're horrible doughy things.
    Yes indeed, Godfathers is dough-city. How anyone likes them is beyond me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Blue_Lagoon pizza is the best. Home made with tender loving hands. Thin or thick crust with toppings so thick you think you're eating pie.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Blue_Lagoon pizza is the best. Home made with tender loving hands. Thin or thick crust with toppings so thick you think you're eating pie.;)

I would have to read that as I'm sitting here at 8am eating a bowl of bird seed flakes with low fat milk. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SteamTrean

Anyone hear the apache pizza ad on radio? so annoying, i listen to a lot of radio and hear it several times a day in my earphones and it drives me mad, i will deliberately never order a pizza from apache pizza again for such a annoying unoriginal ad.

I too listen to alot of Radio. Newstalk106 plays that ad alot. Another one that gets under my skin is that one about the Car Mechanics. There ethos is that they get the job done and don't talk sh!t. Then at the end the Actor (who, needless to say is not a mechanic, I mean c'mon he's an actor) says: "And If you want to talk about Thread Depth and .. , [at this point he does makes a knowledgable titter] we'd be Delighted [He says "Delighted" Like a gaylord who knows all]. That tone he uses reminds me of those two ba5tards that do the lucozade ads during "Lost". Don't get me started on those two fcukin' ba5tards!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

SteamTrean wrote:
    That tone he uses reminds me of those two ba5tards that do the lucozade ads during "Lost". Don't get me started on those two fcukin' ba5tards!.

The first time I heard that I though it was real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

anyone see the blimP

I'll take bets that the local kids in Donnycarney will have cut the wire and released that blimp over the weekend

There always up to no good, damn kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from AH.
    let me know if advertising stuff is not for marketing via Pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Whats Papa John's like?

Advertisement