Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much could I get for my car?

Options
  • 26-07-2006 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was wondering if you could help me get an approximate value of a car that I'm trying to get rid of. Here are the vital stats:

1991 Renault Clio RL 1.2L (Silver)
    70000 (genuine) miles on the clock
    No tax or MOT
    Some scrapes on both sides (sister is clearly not capable of driving through our gate):D

Need to get the battery charged - it is fine as it is a pretty new battery, just that the car has not been driven in a while. Interior is grand and there four virtually brand new tyres on it. The car has had three owners. The first was an old lady, the second was my grandfather and the fina owner was my mum.

Could anyone advise me what is the best way to sell this car and get the most money for it?

I'm certainly not expecting a fortune for the thing but if it was worth something that would be great.

Cheers.

R.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

to be perfectly honest i dont think u'll get much. maybe €500????
    the mileage ain't bad though.

u might as well put it up on www.adverts.ie and see do you get any offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

15 year old Clio = 400 tops you reach a point where low milage is'nt a selling point to speak of. By which I mean it could still be on the original cam-belt and brakes!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have a 97 1.2 rn that I'm considering selling, was gonna nct and tax it for 3 months and hope to get €1000. As yours is I would say €100 tops. NCT/MOT and taxed you might get €500/€600.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Text this to 53033:
    ======
    CBG Renault Clio 1.2l 1991

======

And it will give you a value..its from car buyers guide magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

give me 200 and i'll take it :D:D:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

C'mon you know the answer yourself :)

If you get a working battery for it (not necessarily new) and you get it a fresh MOT, you might get £500

Without it, you're talking scrap value. This might even be a negative amount :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    Without it, you're talking scrap value. This might even be a negative amount :)

Indeed, scrap yards charge you these days for taking a car off you. Also may not be alot of 1991 - 1997 MkI Clios left on the road so they may not take it at all. Little or no demand for parts usually means they have no use for it.

Just noticed the OP is from Antrim so he/she might have better luck up there where there are probably more MkI Clios still on the road.

I also recommend that you get the car MOT'd/NCT'd (obviously within economic sense) and stick it on buy&sell. You may get a couple of hundred notes for it. Cheap motoring for someone for a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭breanoh

To be honest, I was offered a Clio yesterday, no tax or NCT, for €60, Nearly jumped at it, but the mother would have gone mad! There is no value for older cars with no NCT, you'd be lucky to get €100, you would be better getting a test on it and you might get up to €650.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I think I will try to get jump leads for the battery and if the damn thing starts I will get it advertised somewhere. Anything I get will be a bonus to be honest.

Thanks for all your comments.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Pop me a PM if you get her running including any details you can find of any parts that have been changed since First bought for eg, Belts etc.. And a Picture wouldn't go to spare either. I'm looking for a cheap first car that wont fall apart on me. But hey this could do it for a couple of months :)

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

funkyflea wrote:
    Text this to 53033:
    ======
    CBG Renault Clio 1.2l 1991

======

And it will give you a value..its from car buyers guide magazine.

They only quote for cars 98 to 01.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It isn't worth anything. if it was NCT'd and in good general order maybe 200

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I was going to suggest e-bay, but this one isn't attracting any attention and it's got alloys that are possibly worth £50.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-RENAULT-CLIO-RT-GREY_W0QQitemZ190012713790QQihZ009QQcategoryZ9861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Advertisement