Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simple problem with Sony Ericsson phone - please help!

• 26-07-2006 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a bit of a problem with a Sony Ericsson W810i mobile I got recently. When the phone is left alone for a short while it goes to the screensaver. After this I expected the phone to go to a "sleep" mode, where a clock would be visible and also a little envelope if a message had been received etc. Instead the screen just goes completely black. This means that if I leave the room, I have to press the buttons to bring the phone back to life and see if a message has been received etc. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to solve this or am I stuck with it?

I have been through all the menus and there doesn't seem to be any obvious solution.

Hope someone can help

R

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is the Sleep Mode Clock option on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

on my se v800. i go to settings --> display --> then sleep mode clock --> on. dont know if this will help u or not though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

wba88 wrote:
    on my se v800. i go to settings --> display --> then sleep mode clock --> on. dont know if this will help u or not though

That's it exactly. Should sort out your problem mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

On my k750 when in standby if i press the volume button on the side the backlight comes on and displays the clock/new message icon for a few seconds.(Even if the keypad is locked) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

EvilMonkey wrote:
    On my k750 when in standby if i press the volume button on the side the backlight comes on and displays the clock/new message icon for a few seconds.(Even if the keypad is locked) ;)

But without pressing anything is there just a plain black screen? Just that I have now been considering changing my phone as I just got it couple of days ago. I like Sony Ericssons and the K750 was an alternative I was considering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

You'll more than likely run into Joystick problems with the k750. Most people I know who have this phone, at some point or other have the joystick go wonkey on them. w810i is basically the same phone but with a navi-pad instead of a joystick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It'd be cheaper to just reflash the firmware to the K750i firmware.

www.davinciteam.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

chrislad wrote:
    It'd be cheaper to just reflash the firmware to the K750i firmware.

www.davinciteam.com

i have a w900i and its not supported by vodafone 3g, would it be possible to put a sony ericson firmware from a suported model and get it to work that way ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

But without pressing anything is there just a plain black screen?
    No i can see the clock. Did you try what wba88 said
    settings --> display --> then sleep mode clock --> on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

EvilMonkey wrote:
    No i can see the clock. Did you try what wba88 said
    If I remember correctly, that menu item isn't available on this phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

That's right actually. The menu option is not available on the W810i. I have researched this carefully today and it just appears to be a quirk of the phone - one that I don't like! I am going to change it for a K800i, which is probably the phone I should have got all along. And I am positive that it does have the sleep mode clock cos I've seen it myself.

Cheers to you all for your help

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Wow thats a bit of a bugger. I was looking at that phone myself. Dunno whether thats something big enough to put me off it, but why would they not put it in? Does it have the envelope thing when you get a text or is that gone too?

Advertisement