Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allofmp3 and Digiweb

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Any mentions of downloading anything which could be construed - in my opinion - as infringing copyright/blah/blah will get the poster banned and the post deleted.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

zuma wrote:
    Anyone know what sort of money AllOfmp3 make in a single week?

That place is a goldmine due to the fact that whatever royalties are paid to the original artists are absolutely tiny!

IRMA view customers of allofmp3 as criminals....so beware!!!!
    I hope you weren't under the illusion that the royalties paid to the original artists by "legal" download sites were something other than "absolutely tiny"? You can be sure that most of the artists aren't under that illusion, and they know that they only get a tiny fraction of the price that their fans are paying for "legitimate" downloads.

The biggest "pirates" in the music business are the major labels. You'll notice that, despite all they're public concern for the welfare of the artists, they will never publish a list showing how much the artists are receiving and how many tracks or albums have been sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Just in case there's any confusion on the topic (and there seems to be plenty), artists make nothing on downloads from allofmp3.com. That is a fact.

We all know that people who steal music have no interest in the musicians or much anybody so spare us the pathetic excuses. There are many legal download alternatives that don't have deals with the major labels, if they offend you. If you have any notion of wanting to change things, those are the alternatives that should be supported.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i am in UCD today and accessed allofmp3.com at full speed and without any difficulty. this morning at home before i left i tried it on my laptop to no avail (with Irish Broadband). doing a tracert on the connection to the server at home that keeps timing out, there's a huge routing delay at ibis-gateway where IBB connect to the backbone. IBB are most certainly blocking the site. it is not illegal to do business with it and they have no business blocking it.

off-topic: i'd pay for it to be DRM free and of lossless quality. i've a mid-price hifi setup and the difference in quality between 128k itunes downloads and my CD player is phenomenal. I cannot tell the difference between FLAC or 328k MP3. if the music industry operated their own site selling the stuff for the same as allofmp3.com, sans drm and in lossless format then i'd do a bomb, like allofmp3.com does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dyslexixboy

ok I've tested this at home digiweb metro and in work on a dedicated line and on digiweb its so slow its not worth the effort digiweb are NOT blocking as chaz says but they are throttling the connection at work theres no delay.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Gotcha!

1  router (192.168.0.2)  1.105 ms  0.682 ms  0.722 ms
     2  DN02-fe-1-3-1-160-3rock.irishbroadband.ie (62.231.57.129)  4.207 ms  2.732 m                                                                           s  3.263 ms
     3  DN03-as1-0-tallaght.irishbroadband.ie (62.231.52.186)  3.215 ms  4.139 ms  4                                                                           .835 ms
     4  DN42-as1-0-ibis-access.irishbroadband.ie (62.231.52.134)  7.739 ms  6.764 ms                                                                             26.745 ms
     5  * * *
     6  824.ge5-0.mpr1.lhr1.uk.above.net (213.161.79.97)  18.372 ms  17.494 ms  16.658 ms
     7  r12-Fe4-0-0.Ldn-KQ4.UK.KPNQwest.net (195.66.226.90)  16.735 ms  16.706 ms  18.523 ms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

zuma wrote:
    IRMA havent yet clamped down on newsgroups...and neither have the MPAA...etc so relax in ignorance for the time being.

http://www.cnet.com.au/mp3players/musicsoftware/print.htm?TYPE=story&AT=40060661-39029154t-10000015c

What about this? Reasons for worries?

Advertisement