Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derry and Drogs tomorrow in UEFA cup

• 27-07-2006 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Derry play IFK Geteborg tomorrow. There are 1-0 from the away tie so are in a great position. How do people think they will do? Apperantly they decided to fly to london, then to belfast then bus it to Derry. And they did it all today.

Drogs are playing HJK helsinki and its 1:1 after the away leg. I think they should definitly make it through.

I am very confident both should qualify. However these teams dont have a great record in europe.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I think both sides can get through.

Derry look in a very strong position and are very tough to beat at the Brandywell.

Drogheda should enjoy the open space that Dalymount provides but I am not convinced with Doolin, he allows his teams to drop to deep and there is a possibility that they will be caught late with a goal.

Heading along to Dayler, should be a special occasion for Drogheda united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Hope the two teams do well and can get the needed victories. Shame neither game is getting tv coverage :(

Love Island the wonder years is more important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Working the late shift tonight, frustrated as I want to be in Dalymount (not something I say often! :D). I think Drogs can do it, 1-0 win on the night! 0-0 in the Brandywell is my reckoning - Derry will be wary of attacking too much, and are usually so good at the back. Win and a draw so I think, and 0.5 added to the leagues coefficient total! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I think both LOI sides will do the business and go through , although whenever any Irish side other than Cork or Shels are playing in Europe im nervous they won't go through no matter who they're playing . A lot of it has to do with what happened with Longford last year :o .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fear not, both Derry City and Drogheda are nothing like Longford. They actually play football.

I think Derry City have the harder task, even with the away goal.

C'mon Drogs.

C'mon Derry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Wouldn't place too much confident in either team TBH, I think Derry might manage a win if they can take their chances though. I think Drogheda will concede.

seansouth wrote:
    Fear not, both Derry City and Drogheda are nothing like Longford. They actually play football.

I know but im still a bit nervous about the games tonight .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

Doire abú!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Best of luck to both sides tonight!

Expect Drogheda to go through after a tough game, but it's gonna be really tough for Derry.

Drogheda had a goal ruled out.

Derry 1-0 (2-0 agg) up on the arogant Swedes! O'Flynn from the spot!

Both games still in first half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Drogs 1 down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

heard a cheer here in glasnevin,assuming drogs scored.

yeah gartand in 55minute, will be great for league if both derry and drogs go through tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

heard a cheer here in glasnevin,assuming drogs scored.

Lol best goal update ever!

kdjac

Full time:

Derry City 1 - 0 (2-0 agg!!) IFK Gothenburg
    O'Flynn (p) 31'

EXCELLENT! :D

Well done Drogs fair fecks to ye! And congrats to Kenny.

2-1 Drogs (3-2 agg)

Lynch Peno, in extra time. (about 20 to go).

2-1 Drogs, penno in ET. cmon the drogs!

3-1, another peno!

great double result for the league. but the premiership brigade wont notice them and keep saying theres no quality in "league of ireland" football

• Advertisement

Well done Garto and Drogs. Fair play to both teams tonight delighted with the results for them.

3-1 Drogheda f-t. Another peno.

Well done to both Derry and Drogheda. :)

Ft

Well done both sides , they are fantastic results especially for Derry .
    To all of those who thought summer football was a bad idea and those who were against proffesionalism i'd like to see what yee have to say now . All 4 Irish clubs playing in Europe progressed past the first stage(and 3 could still go past the second) .

When is the draw for the Second qualifying round ?

Tomorrow, I think.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Tomorrow, I think.

Packed in with the Champions League draw is it ?

Draw is tomorrow after the CL 3rd qualifying round draw which will be on uefa.com from probably 11am.

Here's the sides Drogheda and Derry can get:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2006.html Due to Lyn being knocked out by an Estonian side, Brann (who knocked out the Glens) move onto the seeded side of the draw. Both Derry and Drogheda will be hoping to draw Gretna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Updated Co-efficient and ranking for next year

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/crank2007.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Zebra3 wrote:
    Both Derry and Drogheda will be hoping to draw Gretna.

I dunno, Gretna will be on a big high, and they are nifty enough, Id prefer

Any of the Norweigan teams, The 2nd Belgian team, Odense or Gretna (in that order) pls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Newcastle game could possibly be worth more money than playing in the group in total, would fancy both vs Newcastle tbh.

Newcastle awful and Derry Drogs can defend very well.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just back from Daylmount. Great night and a super atmosphere.

Didnt think it'd be €20 in tho. Ah well , a good time was had by all. Congrats Drogs.

Draw's in 25 minutes...
    Seeded teams                   coef.     Unseeded teams                 coef.
    ------------------------ --- -------     ------------------------ --- -------
    Newcastle United @       Eng  75.950     Åtvidabergs FF *         Swe   4.372
    Club Brugge              Bel  49.981     FK Ventspils *           Lat   3.365
    Brøndby IF *             Den  23.593     Skonto Riga *            Lat   2.365
    FC Twente Enschede @     Ned  19.640     FBK Kaunas *             Lit   1.925
    Gretna FC                Sco  10.023     Suduva Marijampole *     Lit   1.925
    Molde FK                 Nor   8.921     Drogheda United *        Irl   1.430
    OB Odense @              Den   8.593     Derry City *             Irl   1.430
    Start Kristiansand *     Nor   6.921     Flora Tallinn *          Est   0.880
    SK Brann Bergen *        Nor   6.921     Levadia Tallinn *        Est   0.880
    Randers FC *             Den   5.593     Llanelli FC *            Wal   0.770

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Derry got Gretna, nice one!

Drogs got Start from Norway.

seansouth wrote:
    Derry got Gretna, nice one!

Drogs got Start from Norway.
    Great draw. Plan on heading up to Scotland myself to get behind Derry, be great craic!

Advertisement