Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters without a Bachelors ??

Options
  • 27-07-2006 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

Question is pretty general and hard to answer without the exact specifics (long) but still I'd be interested in some general thoughts.

If you were accepted on a Masters (university with a very good reputation) without having completed your Bachelors (1 year left), would you take it? Some considerations:

x So far gotten excellent grades on the course and probably have an excellent chance of getting a 1H / 2H1 bachelors.

x Masters is abroad and when your return looking for a job in Ireland, what will employers think of you not having completed your Bachelors at the Irish uni.

x If you choose to stay in Ireland and finish your bachelors, highly unlikely you will return to do that masters abroad.. yes life at home is quite simply easier.

(Went abroad on Erasmus, uni. has offered me a place on their Masters prog.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

The system of awarding degrees isn't the same everywhere in Europe. Are you sure it's a separate masters and not the final year or two of a combined BA-MA program that ultimately leads to a Masters? In which case you'd simply be switching universities mid-degree, which isn't all that unusual. I know in Germany most people stay in uni for 4-6 years and leave with a Masters.

Advertisement