Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120mm fans

• 27-07-2006 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

who makes the most powerful, silent and durable 120 mm fans? for a case mod.

and the best place to buy'em!

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 120mm according to custom pc, although the Akasa Amber 92mm are so much funkier looking :D (the 120 mm version got a poor review, custom pc this month has reviews of all the fans they like) Also depends what colour you want if u got a window in your case

EDIT: check out komplett and maplin in ireland for some fans (maplin especially) otherwise google that Shakoon one, shouldnt cost more than €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

can you post a link to that review section please :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

read it in the mag. Might cost u €7 max, tis worth it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

CustomPC mag ftw.
    Picked my copy of it up today.

deadly, will get one over the weekend ! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yeah this month has a great review of loads of 120mm fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I bought an AKASA amber series 120mm fan following the good things i heard about them. They are rated at 45 CFM and only 18 dBA.

My problem is I dont have any rubber grommits so i had to mount it with steel screws onto my aluminium case, which produces a bit more noise than i would like. The fan itself is fantastic though, and has managed to keep my case nice and cool during this PC un-friendly heat wave.

Think it was €14 in Peats, cheaper than the Komplett price, *gasp*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Nexus make the best quiet fans, can be got on kustompcs.co.uk

TBH: if a fan states a high CFM and a low db value its prob a load of BS

Check out silentpcreview.com for more info on above mentioned fans (the people there nearly only accept silent not quiet)

EDIT: as per post below :P :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

jozi wrote:
    Nexus make decent quiet fans, can be got on kustompcs.co.uk

Replace "decent" with "the best"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Just came accross this, its a link to discussion on SPCR about the above mentioned article.

• Advertisement

jozi wrote:
    Just came accross this, its a link to discussion on SPCR about the above mentioned article.

Thanks mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

I have 2 Silenx 120mm fans, nice and quiet. Had the akasa amber before, but the Silenx seems quieter, and it come with a longer power lead!

Advertisement