Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a mint Bmw

Options
  • 27-07-2006 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey all,

In process of getting my car ready for sale, im looking to move up on engine sizes ( from a fiesta mk5) to a bmw e36. Does anyone know of any mint 316 coupes or 318 coupes ( pref 318is) that are up forsale or will be in the next 3 weeks. Im on a pretty tight budget do.

Cheers,

Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Look on Auto Trader.. Loads of choice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Nom-IzZ

yea have checked all the usual, carzone, autotrader etc. I am considering going up north to ger one. Has anyone done this? any advice?

Someone might know of one for sale or near sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Have you considered going over to the UK for one, plenty of bargins to be got over there.

Out of the 3 you have suggested i would go for the E36 318iS, up till 95 they had a 1.8 engine and after that they got a 1.9 lump, will also have mtech suspension and a few other nice bits compared to the standard coupe.

The 316 will be underpowered but since your going from a fiesta it might be your best option, cost wise.

Whatever you do dont go for a compact, coupe is much nicer and will be easier to sell on.

Try ;
    e36coupe.co.uk
    autotrader.co.uk
    cruiseirl.com
    reallymeansounds.com

There should be a few for sale on those sites.

Thanks bucks, tried all off the above, have about 3 weeks till i sell my own so wanna make sure I get the nicest one i can, yea wan get a 318is but the vrt is pretty heavy, didnt know about the change of engine in 1995, will most 1995 cars have the newer one? the the 1.8 a 24v twin cam engine?

cheers
    Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

matt cork wrote:

My friend has two lovely 318is for sale.

They're both black...one is 99 and the other is 95

Really clean cars - I drove the 99 the last day

Thanks bucks, tried all off the above, have about 3 weeks till i sell my own so wanna make sure I get the nicest one i can, yea wan get a 318is but the vrt is pretty heavy, didnt know about the change of engine in 1995, will most 1995 cars have the newer one? the the 1.8 a 24v twin cam engine?

cheers
    Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Nom-IzZ wrote:
    didnt know about the change of engine in 1995, will most 1995 cars have the newer one? the the 1.8 a 24v twin cam engine?

Up untill 95 the E36 318 iS had the M42 (138-142bhp) 4 cylinder 1.8 16v engine. This was also used in the E30 and my own car has one of these and i cant sing it enough praise, saying that though the E36 is heavier than the E30 so i would go for a coupe with the 1.9.

The M44 (142-150bhp) 4 cylinder 1.9 16 valve was used in the 318iS from 96 on.

From memory some of the later '95 cars may have the new 1.9 and some will have the 1.8.

With regards to the VRT, it might sound heavy but considering you will be getting a car for a good price and more than likely full BMWSH you will still be saving money.

Advertisement