Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

80 km/h for new drivers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

Might be an idea to limit L plate drivers to under 1.2 litre cars. And maybe for a year or so after they pass their tests. Most accidents seem to occur with people driving cars that have more power than they can handle and who think that brakes are a nice decorative extra..It would be far easier to police as well instead of having a guard on every road with a speed camera to see if learners are breaking the speed limit which will never happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Anan1 wrote:
    Actually, it's not. They won't have to do anything, if they do it will be by choice.

That's what I mean, a lot of people in my school who drive race around the place, limit them to 80 and chances are they'll try make up some time somewhere else, why, because they'd make that choice like idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Squirrel wrote:
    That's what I mean, a lot of people in my school who drive race around the place, limit them to 80 and chances are they'll try make up some time somewhere else, why, because they'd make that choice like idiots

I understand what you mean. The same logic could, however, equally be applied to limiting me to 120 on a motorway. Of course, the kind of driver who will disregard yield signs in order to make up time is unlikely to be complying with speed limits in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Anan1 wrote:
    I understand what you mean. The same logic could, however, equally be applied to limiting me to 120 on a motorway. Of course, the kind of driver who will disregard yield signs in order to make up time is unlikely to be complying with speed limits in the first place.

I suppose yeah, I don't know how often they go over the limit because I avoid getting into a car with them, they'll kill either themselves or someone else in the future

Advertisement