Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet today eh?

Options
  • 27-07-2006 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

tumbleweed.jpg

Might as well post in here if you survived the ban!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

>_>
    <_<

Shhhh....

.....you'll make him even more angry.

*backs away from thread slowly*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

What did these poor sods do?

And banning stepherunie, come on, that's just a bit harsh! This is a bit like a wild west saloon! Yer man kicks everyone out every so often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

whats going on?

EDIT: I feel quite left out, not being banned

Its like being in UCD on Christmas morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I survived the purge!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*waves* I'm here too :)

...I can see this thread being locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Wow! What happened?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

what were all the bannings about? what they do? its almost like real UCD at the moment... just italians and repeaters about

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Sweet Jebus H. tapdancing Christ on a crakcer! wtf happened?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Look people.....the people who matter are not banned! Be thankful!

Anyway that's what you get when you call Hullaballoo a cock*

* didn't actually happen

They banned peachypants after all her anti spam campaign last year.Like I said earlier.Truckle is a LEGEND!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I can't be bothered reading through all the other long-looking threads so can someone summarise for me what happened? Preferably in two lines or less cos I'm a lazy lazy person!

edit - just saw Truckles banning thread, what did they all do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I dont know which thread it was either, I went thru a few earlier and there didnt seem to be any rule breaking.. if I were to hazard a guess I think it would probably be the politics one where people seemed to be starting to canvass for people to join. I'm not really sure though, this came as a big surprise to me anyhoo..

I suppose we should have a wild party whilst theyre gone yeah??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

They were told not to go OT by the mod, and they still did. That's basically it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Cmon lets play on the bike shed now that the cool ones have been expelled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Pythia wrote:
    They were told not to go OT by the mod, and they still did. That's basically it.

Yea the amount of threads that go OT is a joke :rolleyes: . Good work Mods :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

It was the disabled bathroom sex thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Incidently, how does one possibly go off topic in a thread such as this?

And could the moderators possibly give us a better indication of what happened, so the rest of us know what to avoid? There isn't much point deleting the 'offending material' immediatly. It isn't harming anybody now...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

the thread was moved to TCN. 'tis a week ban to make a point, the stepherunie ban I think was more as a result of some misinterpretation on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

humbert wrote:
    the stepherunie ban I think was more as a result of some misinterpretation on both sides.

The first time I looked at the Ban Thread, it was singingstranger who was dealt the indefinite ban. The next time it was Stepherunie and SS was listed twice in the week-ban list! I'm really confused, but I don't really care anymore.

Samos wrote:
    The first time I looked at the Ban Thread, it was singingstranger who was dealt the indefinite ban. The next time it was Stepherunie and SS was listed twice in the week-ban list! I'm really confused, but I don't really care anymore.

weird, i though i saw ss too, guess it wasn't my imagination. not too bothered either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm not a fan of people over chit chatting/spamming here but to ban half the board for a thread that should have been locked ages ago.... is loike...... ridiculous loike...... Firstly no one allowed to mention MC"fucking''D on Boards and now this.... :confused:

If all the same people who were banned were also banned from the beers I'd probably be the only one showing up tonight! :)

that was my first reaction but on reflection I suppose the point had to be made and if you only ban one or two people will take less notice and will argue "how come i was banned and she wasn't" etc. hopefully after this there will be a lot less spam and the moderators might moderate more moderately, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

humbert wrote:
    that was my first reaction but on reflection I suppose the point had to be made and if you only ban one or two people will take less notice and will argue "how come i was banned and she wasn't" etc. hopefully after this there will be a lot less spam and the moderators might moderate more moderately, so to speak.

True, you can't start singling out people but it doesn't take away from the fact that it's very harsh, stern but fair if that makes any sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its not harsh, its the opposite. People should have been banned ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

And yet someone who spams continually and is irritation on a cream cracker wasn't banned at all. Them's the breaks I guess.

The Stepherunie thing is pretty unfair though, especially as it was based on a total misunderstanding.

Looks like it's going to be a quiet week, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

High bloody time!

Maybe now some more people might join the discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Yes.

*twiddles thumbs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

This is just lame, cant the mod just admit he went power hungry and literally banned the only people who bother to post in his forum.

Advertisement