Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet today eh?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

zinc wrote:
    This is just lame, cant the mod just admit he went power hungry and literally banned the only people who bother to post in his forum.
    no, because he was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

zinc wrote:
    This is just lame, cant the mod just admit he went power hungry and literally banned the only people who bother to post in his forum.
    In fairness, it has been well commented on before that the reason they are "the only people who bother to post in his forum" is for the reason they were banned.

So full marks to the Mods in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

Perhaps. Seems draconian to me.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What would you prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I don't know. It seems harsh... harsh but fair that is.

As someone who goes to UCD and reads the board regularly I have noticed the large amount of spam that goes on, but to be honest it never struck me as something that could be stopped.

I think it is the right decision to make a point in such a dramatic a way as this, but its teh internets - you're banking on the fact that people care about your authority and the threat of being banned (when they can just go and make a new a/c straight away) to stop them from using the forum as an IRC channel. And, in all honesty, theres no reason for them not to.

Voila, my 2 cents.

• Advertisement
Advertisement