Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best Manager who was a Goalkeeper...?

• 27-07-2006 11:20am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Me and a few mates were discussing this the other day over a few pints,the list is not big at all.So who do you rate as the best manager who was a keeper in his playing days...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

The pope, but soccerwise Dino Zoff maybe. Shilton must qualify as the worst manager both in the game and in looking after money (his and Plymouth Argyles).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Mike Walker was doing well during his first stint with Norwich when he got them to Europe circa 1992 + 1993.

Pity is was all downhill once he left for Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well best ever Irish Goalkeeper who was a manager was Alan Kelly senior. He has a 100% record at full international level. He took over for one game after Eoin Hand left. A 1 - 0 win against the USA I think.

Bit of a pub quiz question that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

The now-ex manager of the US, Bruce Arena was a goalie in his younger days.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Pope John Paul II was a keeper in his youth, he managed an entire organised religion.....
    I'll get me coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

La Tota was a pretty good manager if I'm not mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Best as in assumed good or best as in won stuff?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

John Kelly Played for shels and pats i think back in the 60's

managed

Kinvara boys u11's-u15's

and bohs u15's for a while

umongst others

pure legend

Advertisement