Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music for kids

Options
  • 27-07-2006 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anyone giving singing or music lessons for kids in cork. I am talking about 5yrs old. prefer Ballincollig macroom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

my sister teaches violin in Turners Cross.. probably too far away though?
    I'll check with her and see if she knows anyone around that area teaching anything... You may find it difficult to get singing lessons for someone so young though, maybe if you have her join a choir?
    The Cork School of Music have a Junior Choir, but again, this was in the city centre..
    You should ask in her school? they might have info on something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 keight

Try minimusic.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

my sister teaches violin in Turners Cross.. probably too far away though?
    I'll check with her and see if she knows anyone around that area teaching anything... You may find it difficult to get singing lessons for someone so young though, maybe if you have her join a choir?
    The Cork School of Music have a Junior Choir, but again, this was in the city centre..
    You should ask in her school? they might have info on something.

Hi there....l know this is ages after your post....but is your sis still teaching violin in Turners Cross? I have a very enthusiastic 6 year old very eager to learn...Thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

shivs wrote: »
    Hi there....l know this is ages after your post....but is your sis still teaching violin in Turners Cross? I have a very enthusiastic 6 year old very eager to learn...Thanx
    If you go into Pro Musica on Oliver Plunkett street and ask at the desk they should be able to give you a list of people who give privatelessons in Cork

Cool_CM wrote: »
    If you go into Pro Musica on Oliver Plunkett street and ask at the desk they should be able to give you a list of people who give privatelessons in Cork

Thanks so much Cool CM......will go there as soon as the temperature rises!:D

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 aluna

hi shivs, pro musica good idea but better still ring cork school of music, ask for numbers of private teachers, they will have numbers of graduates and those who are trained there - there's an excellent standard in the school.

in addition my friend teaches violin at home in turners cross, but unfortunately i'm not sure how to pm people on this thing and dont want to post her name/number.

hth :)

aluna wrote: »
    hi shivs, pro musica good idea but better still ring cork school of music, ask for numbers of private teachers, they will have numbers of graduates and those who are trained there - there's an excellent standard in the school.

in addition my friend teaches violin at home in turners cross, but unfortunately i'm not sure how to pm people on this thing and dont want to post her name/number.

hth :)
    Hi aluna,

Turners X would be great for us! I will try to pm you....also new to this lark! I think you have to check on the top right hand corner to see my message....:confused:

Advertisement