Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#ucd.ie IRC Channel (Chatroom)

Options
  • 27-07-2006 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've set up an IRC channel to facilitate chat between UCD heads thats a bit more informal then on the forum.

The channel will be operated as a completely seperate entity to the forum.

To join, go to #ucd.ie on quakenet. You have to download an IRC client like mirc for windows, X-Chat for Linux or Colloquy for Mac in order to join the channel

If you have installed IRC, Click [url=irc://ign.ie.quakenet.org:6667/ucd.ie]here[/url] or connect to ign.ie.quakenet.org and join #ucd.ie.

If you want any help send mea message over MSN (making sure you tell me who you are!) and I'll give you a hand no bother.
    Blowfish wrote:
    Right, to connect to IRC when on the UCD network, you can use http://www.ircatwork.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It's definitely a good idea, although has anyone checked that the ucd firewalls allow irc? Last time I tried in ucd it wouldn't work for me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

No, although an AJAX gateway if you can find one might work for you. I might try and set one up on my server in a few weeks if this takes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea prob blocked on student machines alright. Think netsoc had a port open for irc on their proxy but were forced to close it by comp services.

Should work for me on PG machine, but no point in installing it if no one else can get on to talk.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Sorry to dbl post:

Kudos for mentionning the UNIX one truckle, you knew i'd be after you if you didn't :D

a very easy one for a lot of people who use Firefox could be the ChatZilla extension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Hurray for L!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Right, to connect to IRC when on the UCD network, you can use www.ircatwork.com
    Just fill in the info Truckle gave above and it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

channel now seems to require a key:confused:

no longer the case..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If you have installed IRC, Click [url=irc://ign.ie.quakenet.org:6667/#ucd.ie]here[/url] or connect to ign.ie.quakenet.org and join #ucd.ie.

Hey Leonel Fresh Maid, just wanted to point out that you should change the link to

irc://ign.ie.quakenet.org:6667/ucd.ie

(rather than having the hash in front of ucd.ie)

I was wondering why it kept making me join ##ucd.ie when I clicked it!

Other people mightn't be as computer-savvy as myself, and mightn't be able to find the source of the problem, so gotta keep a helpful eye out for d'fools! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Done, thanks dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

ive just been on it and it seems fairly quiet. we should try and get a few boardsies over to it

• Advertisement
Advertisement