Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaytoo Nightclub closed down?

Options
  • 27-07-2006 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Whats happened to Kaytoo on Shop street? Was going passed there last Sat and the place was locked up, have we seen the end of Church Lane/Kaytoo?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Wasn't it just a portal into Church Lane anyway?

I can see the attraction of pretty much any other nightclub in town, they all have some sense of purpose but Church Lane always seemed inexplicable to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Free in, late night drinking, whats not to love?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've never been there myself, but its always been the butt of jokes with the lads, they claim its one of the crappiest nightclubs ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

the place was a dive *shudder* - Iv only never been once and quite relieved that no-one will ever have to experience it again! I was so disgusted that night that i actually left my drink got up and fled the joint after literally 10 minutes and went back to one of the late bars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

it closed on easter sunday, tbh it was a really **** night club. went there on paddys day, due to friend djing there, never again i promised to put myself trhought such torture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was in Chruch Lane once, terrible terrible. Would even rank it lower than CPs, and I relly don't like CPs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

biko wrote:
    Was in Chruch Lane once, terrible terrible. Would even rank it lower than CPs, and I relly don't like CPs.

Biko ,Kaytoo is like Church Lane X 10 ,absolutley sssshhhiiiitttteeee! And thats from someone that doesnt give a feck where he ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

I actually enjoyed the both times I was in church lane / Kaytoo. The whole forty floors and stairs everywhere you look theme made for a great game of hide and seek with your mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Kaytoo is Church Lane gayified by 20. Horrible, horrible little place, i was Church Lane once and Kaytoo once was absolutely smashed both times so i had an excuse. A friend described its patrons quite accurately one time as "underage pregnant knackers". No loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

everyone seems to have their "that night we ended up in kaytoo" story, when i ended up there somebody pissed on a friend of my friends jumper!
    A complete and utter hole!

• Advertisement

So much anger, but I know ye're only hiding the pain of the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dammit it's closed and nobody got thrown through the windows :(

although accordin to my mate it wasn't for the lack of trying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

And to make things worse... The Venue is re-opening!

JohnCleary wrote:
    And to make things worse... The Venue is re-opening!

Well there's a place even I wouldn't try and defend, an awful spot.

Advertisement