Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Naas road speed check

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mloc123 wrote:
    hmmm, well I was doing well under 60 passing the van....I just wonder how far away it aims from the van.

The camera is presumably movable but on dual carriageways, tends to point out almost across the road and onto the other direction. At a rough guess, for it to capture, you need to be within ~20m of the back of the van.
    Black Sky wrote:
    Red Ford Galaxy (I'd say) dark tinted windows, drivers window 1/2 way down camera clipped to it. Could be doing both outgoing but probbaly incoming traffic most likely. unlucky me.
    Funny thing is there was a cop bike parked wight in front of it, and looked like the two "boyz" were having a chat in the front seats. My first impression was someone was being done.. but most likely me i guess.....

id say that the biker was there to catch people caught speeding. I doubt it recorded your speed onto disk and hence Id stake money on it that you were fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

A mate of mine has a signal srambler. He said he's only ever used it once coming round a corner and he just sees a guard looking at the camera all confused because it totally messes them up.

I would invest tbh.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

These are illegal to buy, sell, own, use, look at , think of or speak about. If you are caught they will be confiscated.
    From oasis.gov.ie
    It is an offence for anyone to use a speed meter detector in any vehicle in Ireland under the Road Traffic (Speed Meter Detectors) Regulations, 1991. Under this legislation, it is also an offence to import, fit and supply speed meter detectors and jammers.

The Gardai are empowered to seize this equipment if it is found in your vehicle or in your possession under the Customs Consolidation Act, 1876.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

There around the Red Cow/Newlands Cross all the time. I got 2 points for doin 100 in an 80. 10am on a sunday morning not a soul in sight. Came from the 100 zone (nass side) accross newlands cross and into the 80 on the far side.

Advertisement