Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C# WebServices Problem after 2003 -> 2005 Upgrade

Options
  • 27-07-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've upgraded one of my web services projects to run in VS2005 and now when i try and run the project the list of WebMethods are displayed but when i call them in the brower to test them i get to following:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\tmnetws\cefbc5d5\55217454\Settings.xml'.

I've chenged over the IIS configuration to say ASP.Net 2.0 from 1.1 but still no joy.

Has anyone gone through this.

Before people start saying "google is your friend" I did actually google the error but didn't find much helpful information....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

.Net is searching for a file called Settings.xml, did this file get moved into a different folder during the upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

It should be copied to the directory automatically. Its only started the shenannigans since i upgraded the version!

Advertisement