Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any views on the Sony Ericsson K800i

• 27-07-2006 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Been considering changing my recently purchased phone and getting a Sony Ericsson k800i instead. Would love to know what you good people out there have to say about the k800i!

Cheers

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sonnyboy

From the reviews that ive read the camera isnt as good as the Sharp 903 and only a lil bit better than the K750i.

Also the joystick is meant to be more improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

sonnyboy - i think you've got the wrong phone
    Camera
    Sony Ericsson promotes the K800 has a 3.2 mega pixel camera. If you multiply the width and height of the high resolution images, you will find that the sum is 3.145.728 (2048 x 1536). That is 3.15 mega pixels which is closer to 3.1 MP than 3.2. To me, it seems like the mega pixel race is more important than image quality. I can see the reason why they do this. It must be because it is difficult to set some kind of ranking number for image quality and use that in marketing. Some might say that mobile phones soon will replace digital cameras. My prediction is that it won’t happen within the next 5 years. Camera phones will of course be more sophisticated, but so will the dedicated digital cameras. I think that Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic and Olympus have the necessary power and expertise to fight back against the phone manufactures. On the other hand, now that Samsung and Sony have entered the digital SLR camera arena, we might see some synergy between their phone- and camera divisions. The Sony Ericsson K800 camera hardware and software has probably also been developed with the help from Sony’s camera division. It has some of the camera features also found in Sony Cyber-shot cameras, and the image sensor is most likely developed by Sony. Well, enough of my thoughts and back to the K800 camera review.
    http://www.esato.com/reviews/sonyericssonk800/

I think I know what im talking about MiCrO ( hope I don't sound rude)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've had an K750i and a Sharp 903. I now have a K800i, and I have to say, without being rude, that in regards to this, you don't know what you're talking about in regards to the camera. You're right about the joystick though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

to me its just an updated k750i, so unless u need a 3.2 mega pixel camera it doesnt offer much new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Cyrus wrote:
    to me its just an updated k750i, so unless u need a 3.2 mega pixel camera it doesnt offer much new?
    I'd have to agree. Plus if you do own a 750 you'll have to buy new memory sticks as the old duo's don't fit anymore.

I was going to buy this but i opted to buy a digital camera instead.

@ chrislad, just things ive read don't blame me now. I heard the camera was easier to use than the 903 but the quality of the 903 was superior. Also iI heard it is only 3.1 mpxls not 3.2.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I've had nearly every SE phone released and I can tell you that the K800i is a big step up from the K750i . Both camera and phone are superior .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what extra features does it have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

RSS reader, updated T9 dictionary, UMTS, video calling, BestPic photo technology.

The main reason you would upgrade is the camera. That's the killer app. There are a number of other updates, like I mentioned above, but the main reason is the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Its a 3.2 cyber shot.

I've had aplay around with it and it seemed a very nice phone.

Advertisement