Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratch Repair - Colour Code?

Options
  • 27-07-2006 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Just got a 98 Astra, Metallic Brown. There's a couple of scrapes and scratches I'd like to touch up on it (not in that way :)).

Haven't been able to find the colour in any of the motor factors/ Halfords etc. One of the local motor factors said they could mix up the colour if I gave them the colour code which is usually on a sticker inside the the drivers door.

Just checked there and there's no sticker. How can I find out the colour code or where could I find a scratch repair kit on the net for the Metallic Brown colour?

If someone could help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

On one car i had its beside the chassis number, usually somewhere under the bonnet? On my new one its on the drivers door pillar.

EDIT Astra owning mate just confimed its on the door pillar near the lock, should be a tag of some kind there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Thanks P. I'll have a look on the pillar. I thought I checked there though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ay Cee wrote:
    Thanks P. I'll have a look on the pillar. I thought I checked there though :)

Your local Opel dealer should be able to tell you the paint number also if you cannot find it on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

One of the guys I work with used to drive a 02 Mettalic Brown Astra. He was telling me that the official colour of it was some sort of RED! I remember the car and red it was not.

Possibly yours is the same colour and that's why you can't find a brown to match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Some kind of red?! The things they'll try to get away with it. :)

P your mate was right it is on the pillar. Which number is the colour code now I haven't a clue. There's loads of different ones. I'll just bring it round to the guy I think.

One of the previous owners obviously tried to touch it up - messy job anyone?!

Made a dog's dinner of it. I think they tried some Van Gogh style brush movements :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement