Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf TDI Sportline?

Options
  • 27-07-2006 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Looking at an ad for a Golf TDI Sportline. Does anyone know if this is the 110BHP model (it's a 2001 - possibly the 115BHP?)
    How can you tell what model it is?

Also what's the diff between Comfortline and Sportline?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

AFAIK, there was no sportline, just comfortline, in 2001. They did have a GT TDI in the UK, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

The 1.9 Tdi VW engine came in 7 power outputs in the golf and passat. 90,100,105,110,115,130,150 BHP. I'm not in the industry but i'd be pretty sure that the 2001 Golf on the Irish market had the 90 110 130 BHP versions. The way to differenciate between them is the red letters on the TDi badge.I think that it works something like this:

A 90 will have TDi all in silver,
    A 110 will have a red i and a silver TD,
    A 130 will have a red Di and a silver T.

There arent many differences between the comfortline and sportline on the 2001 Golf. I think that the sportline got sports seats and a different interior trim to the comfortline.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Enygma wrote:
    Looking at an ad for a Golf TDI Sportline. Does anyone know if this is the 110BHP model (it's a 2001 - possibly the 115BHP?)
    How can you tell what model it is?

Also what's the diff between Comfortline and Sportline?

Cheers!

Afaik there was never a 115bhp TDi Golf. Back in 2001 you would have had a 90bhp, 110bhp and maybe a 130bhp version of the 1.9 TDi. Usually the 110bhp version was defined by a red "i" in the TDi badge on the boot and the engine cover. The Vehicle Registeration Cert may have the bhp on it also.

Also there was no MkIV Golf Sportline model. There was the Baseline, Comfortline, Trendline and Highline.

Baseline - no electric windows or mirrors.

Comfortline - electric front/rear windows and mirrors, velour seats, front/rear arm rest.

Trendline - electric front windows and mirrors, rear tinted light cluster, sport style seats and interior trim.

Highline - electric windows and mirrors, velour/seude seats, front arm rest, trip computer, rear tinted light cluster, fully colour coded bumpers and side strips, GTi type alloy wheels, electric sunroof or air conditioning, cd player, lowered suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

bazz26 wrote:
    Afaik there was never a 115bhp TDi Golf. Back in 2001 you would have had a 90bhp, 110bhp and maybe a 130bhp version of the 1.9 TDi.

here's some

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

quarryman wrote:

What I should have said is that there was never a 115bhp Golf offically sold in Ireland. Only 90bhp, 110bhp, 130bhp and 150bhp.

The GT TDi was never offically sold in Ireland afaik. Any imports I have seen have either been 110bhp, 130bhp or 150bhp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Hmm interesting, I've been told not to really take too much notice of the red i and all that. It's too easy to buy them on ebay.

Anyway, here's two Golfs I was looking at:

The "Sportline" ...
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=468018

Comfortline.
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=475804

I was under the impression that the PD TDI came in around 2001 and they bumped them up to 100, 115 and 130bhp. But I know nothing.

Thanks for the info lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Maybe he just made up "sport line" for the sham-tastic alloys and Altezza lights :D

hehe. ya I'm gonna keep my own lights alright :)
    Gonna put back on the spaceship ones I got when I bought it. Yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Enygma wrote:
    Hmm interesting, I've been told not to really take too much notice of the red i and all that. It's too easy to buy them on ebay.

Anyway, here's two Golfs I was looking at:

The "Sportline" ...
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=468018

Comfortline.
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=475804

I was under the impression that the PD TDI came in around 2001 and they bumped them up to 100, 115 and 130bhp. But I know nothing.

Thanks for the info lads!

yes DON'T go with what the badges say. There is a bhp value written in side the spare wheel well in the boot AFAIK.

Cool, good tip quarryman! I guess it's got the KW in the manual too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement