Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless/Sat broadband in Killarney???

• 27-07-2006 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi, it seems DSL won't be happening for me in Killlarney, anyone know of decent Wireless or Satelite broadband there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Don't know if they're any good but kerrybroadband do cover some of Killarney anyway.

There is no decent Satellite "broadband" as they're all an expensive con.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

where in killarney are you?

Irish Broadband are in Killarney about 2-3 months, their mast is in Tullig/Spa.
    Anybody near you that has DSL that can share it over wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

hey im in kilcummin, and have IBB it is poor to be honest, gaming is nearly impossible, surfing and email are fine but download speeds are hit and miss.

They were the only option so bad broadband is better than no broadband.

simon

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

where abouts in Kilcummin are you?
    are you getting IBB from Killarney or from Sleibh Mish?
    If you can see Mish, you might be able to get Permanet?

Can you see any houses in Killarney town, you could setup a wireless connection if you had line of sight to town

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

rash wrote:
    where abouts in Kilcummin are you?
    are you getting IBB from Killarney or from Sleibh Mish?
    If you can see Mish, you might be able to get Permanet?

Can you see any houses in Killarney town, you could setup a wireless connection if you had line of sight to town

Getting service from the tullig mast, afraid Mish is the other side from me, I have line of sight with town alright. Knocklebede is the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement