Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Banning

Options
  • 27-07-2006 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi
    I would like to report an unfair ban on me from the Islamic forum for thread 'Reviewing Hadith in Turkey'.
    I posted links to Muslim sources that supported the authenticity of the Hadith and other Muslim sources that felt they were a fabrication.

A different poster attacked me as 'trying to lead people out of Islam' and claimed my 'intention was not a good one' . Moderator Talliesin disagreed with the poster but still he went unbanned

This is very offensive and is attacking ME and not the POST.

He was banned for arguing with the Moderators, not for anything he posted about me.

I then posted asking any Muslims who did not feel threatened to the point of insulting me to feedback on the links I had posted.

I was banned for making a 'dig' at that poster.

Now how come he wasn't banned for making two digs at me, but I was banned for that comment which was warrented because he did make digs at me?

This is unfair and unjust and the poster had already got a previous warning and yet we were both banned for a week.

I should be unbanned as I didn't provoke the attack and mine was warranted, I was waiting for feedback from the 'report bad post' I did, but did not get any and he should be banned for longer than a week considering he has a warning for a highly disrespectful post about people who are not Muslims by faith and provoked the attack on me and argued with the moderators.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You have already posted a thread on this in the Feedback forum.
    I think for now, it is best dealt with in there.

Advertisement